PDA

View Full Version : Panic Attack / Disorder Sufferers Required - Creative Radio Feature

MPLockett
13-11-08, 11:44
Hi There,

My name is Mark Lockett and I am an MA student studying Radio at Goldsmiths, University of London.

I am currently in the process of producing a 5 minute creative radio feature and having suffered with panic disorder for a number of years now, I thought it would be interesting to work with something that is close to home.

The premise of the piece is that it will simulate the feelings and effects one may suffer when experiencing a panic attack.

I am currently looking for volunteers that would be willing to contribute to my piece. Particulary those in the UK and more specifically, those based in London.

I am looking for volunteers to interview, briefly, about the feelings associated with a panic attack.

Interviews can be conducted on the telephone if you were more comfortable with this, and any contributors will receive a copy of the piece after it has been produced, free of charge of course.

If there is anyone that can help, I would be more than grateful. Please feel free to reply or drop me a pm.

Many thanks and all the best,

Mark.

Chelle1
13-11-08, 22:47
Hi,

I was diagnosed with panic disorder 5 years ago, I had 18 months of being ok, however since march of this year I have suffered severe panic attacks again and have become agoraphobic. (Im not quite housebound but it can be very difficult to get out especially on my own).

I would be interested in helping you out, but could you give me some more specific information about what you would want from me. I live in the west midlands and would prefer telephone interview if i was still interested after i had more specific details.

Best Wishes

Chelle xx

MPLockett
17-11-08, 20:44
Hi Chelle,

Sorry for the lateness of my reply, I'll drop you a PM.

Mark.

bab
17-11-08, 21:17
Hi Mark

I live in Glasgow and have suffered anxiety and panic for over 10 years and i would be happy to spea to you