PDA

View Full Version : short run of rapid heartbeats

feartie
13-11-08, 13:04
Hello All.

I've suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for years, though thankfully am very much better these days (there is hope!!). I've often had heart symptoms, like racing heart, skipped beats, etc. I still get palpatations from time to time, but they no longer worry me too much.

Very recently though, I've started have short runs of very rapid beats - which seems to be set off by moving into a different position. they scare me, and so I move quickly in panic, and that seems to stop the run. I'm stressed at the moment, but I wouldn't say I was anxious.

Has anyone else had anything similar? Rapid run of heartbeats that are corrected by moving about? My neck, shoulder and stomach muscles are all pretty tight right now due to work stress, so I wondered if tight chest muscles might be constricting and aggravating my heart, and if that might be as dangerous as it feels?!

Thanks to anyone who has any thoughts on this or advice.

Feartie.

smiths
15-11-08, 13:36
hi i get short bursts of rapid heart beats if i move after sitting still

Rachey poos
17-11-08, 07:59
yep these are the scarey ones..... i found when i cut of choc and caffine they go..... if im right its the ones where is just goes very very fast for about 8 beats then back but it makes you jump and hit your chest or somot!