PDA

View Full Version : Get out the way...I am in possession of a Power Tool!

pooh
13-11-08, 14:56
Ok

So today I managed to do a bloomin good job laying linoleum in the bathroom (that was after I sent the roll of linoleum crashing into the pc after I tripped over the packets of laminate lying waiting to get fitted and landed on my bottom)...never done it before..but clearly I have a talent lol

I am now going to do several other items of diy just to prove that women are just as capable if not better than men at this stuff LOL

Pooh x

Ps and I'm not going to tell you that i really messed up putting two screws in the wall cause that just wouldnt promote the argument much in my favour lmao.

Cathy V
13-11-08, 15:30
Lol pooh. I decided to put up some rather large pics on the wall last week...didnt want to nag my chap too much, well it is a new relationship :D This also involved a power tool. Lets just say the drill didnt move much, but i went round and round :scared15:

Pics are...kind of straight :blush:

Missy69
13-11-08, 15:32
Lol Pooh,
Go girl, go girl, power to the women, Bring it on !!!!!

weeble40
13-11-08, 15:45
I once tried to lay a carpet on my landing, hammering away with my 6 inch nails, I suddenly got a wiff of gas, yeah you guessed it I'd nailed through the mains Gas pipe, needless to say all power tools and nails are now lock safely in HIS shed lmao

Emma xxx

pooh
13-11-08, 16:16
ok anyone else with any diy disasters or sucesses lmao emma lol

BellisC
13-11-08, 16:20
I am really good at taking stuff apart aka demolition - the getting around to replacing it is a bit harder. Which is why we have a bare concrete kitchen floor - I took a dislike to the pale green laminate that was there... congrats on fitting the linoleum.

andie73
13-11-08, 17:02
My hubby had a real DIY disaster in our last house. He drilled through a water pipe, mains supply into the house. We hadn't lived there that long and frantically dashed outside search the garden for the mains tap to switch it off. Found it eventually but then when we looked, and it was in a deep hole, the t bar on the top had sheared off at some point and the muppet who did it hadn't got it fixed. Well there was a bit of a flood to say the least. But the water board eventually sorted it out.

honeybee3939
13-11-08, 17:11
Well not sure if its a DIY disaster, but i once went up in the loft looking for some stuff for a carboot and the ceiling collapsed an i had my feet dangling over my eldest daughter from above her bed where she was sleeping !! She thought i was Santa Claus ! i tried to patch the ceiling up before hubby got home from work but made a right mess of it, i was never any good at paper mache !lol

I have to say im useless at DIY:blush:

:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

pooh
13-11-08, 18:05
Pmsl lol lol

eeyorelover
13-11-08, 18:17
Did you know that when you lay flooring and put down the sticky glue to stick individual tiles to the subflooring that PANTLEGS will get stuck too if you kneel in it???

Unnecessary mental picture inserted of me with my ass in the air trying to pry my pantlegs out of tile glue!!!
PMSL

eeyorelover
13-11-08, 18:20
Left out the pictures that I HATE that are still hanging on the wall cuz it took way to many nail holes to get them hung just right!!!

But then again this is coming from someone who once - JUST ONCE - sprayed spray starch under her arms mistaking it for deodorant!!!

honeybee3939
13-11-08, 19:05
sprayed spray starch under her arms mistaking it for deodorant!!!

Pmsl Sandy what are you like !

:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx