PDA

View Full Version : help

joanne toone
13-11-08, 16:34
hi my name is joanne im 33 and married with 5 children i hve 3 boys 2 girls all my boys r disabled. jordan is 13 he has complex epilepsy cory is 8 he has A D H D . dekon is 13months he has cerbal palsy. me and my husband dave stay at home to look after our boys. i first had a pantic in 04 i was in bed and thought i was havin an heart attack my husband rung an ambulance and was told i had a panic attack. since then i hve 1 every day my gp put me on medication. al i would like2 do is take my babies on hoilday but the thought ov goin on a plane makes me feel sick 2 my stomach. wen they start i get a sharp pain my chest i struggle swallowing and feel im goin 2 pass out im convinced im goin 2 die they can last 10 mins to 5 hrs after i cry uncontroably and i feel im on my own i just dont know wot 2 do plz help xxx

cazzamagui1
13-11-08, 16:44
hya jo welcome to no more panic

u will find loads of help here everyone feels the way u do and more lol
i no how u feel about planes i couldnt even think about it as u no hope u find all the advice ur lookin for u ave deffo come to the rite place take care love xxxxxxxxxx caz xxxxxx

Missy69
13-11-08, 16:51
hello Joanne,
Welcome to NMP. Sorry to hear your having such a tough time, i dont realy know how to advise you really as you say you have panic attacks everyday. MMmmm could you maybe plan a holiday were it doesnt involve flying ? as you say you would love to take the kids on holiday and im sure they would really enjoy it, maybe if you think you have a panic attack every day then to you would it make it worse if you panicked away from home ? if not then maybe going away would destract you from a few panic attacks aswell. I think if i was panicking at home everyday, then maybe it doesnt matter if i panic whilst im away, because at least you wouldnt be stuck in the same surroundings all the time, and it would be a great achievement for you to go on holiday and also an achievement and pleasure to do that for the kids.

The temptations that will be around you whilst your away may take your mind off panicking, or at least maybe they wont last as long.

Hope i made some sense there, let us know how you get on hun, thoughts are with you,

Take care

joanne toone
13-11-08, 16:52
thank hun i hope i do xx

joanne toone
13-11-08, 16:55
thank you i never saw it that way before xx

baldy_dude
13-11-08, 16:55
Joanne - you are in great company here. I know and understand where you are coming from. Although I don't have them everyday, when I do get them, they can last for well over a day for me. Listen, you are completely safe and believe it or not, experiencing a normal but exagerated function of the human body. When you feel a panic attack coming on just say the following to yourself:

"This is not the 1st time this has happened to me, but it may be the last time I will have to experience it - Because I will be fine. These negative feelings are just going to evaporate and I will relax, calm down and everything will be alright - I know it"

Missy69
13-11-08, 16:56
Here here Baldy dude.

bottleblond
13-11-08, 17:32
Hi Joanne

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

You sound like you must be a very busy lady. Can i ask, Do you ever get any time just for YOU? I know you probably don't get much time to yourself but please try to take some time out each day to relax, even if it's just to listen to a relaxation CD, soak in a hot bath or read a book.

Nice to see you here and look forward to getting to know you.

Lisa
x

kittyk
13-11-08, 18:40
Hello and welcome x

pinkpiglet
13-11-08, 18:53
Hi Joanne! have you posted here before? I am sure we have met on here before. Its the three little boys with disabilities, the two girls and these amazing parents that ring a bell!
If not then Welcome to NMP and maybe we have met somewhere else.
Panic attacks are horrific but you really can learn to overcome them. I started having them in the late nineties but by 2003 they had pretty much disappeared. i still have anxiety (and this year took the biscuit) and i still have the onset of panic, but i have learnt how to talk myself through them so they are never quite as bad. I hope anxiety starts to go easier on you, you've enough on your plate been supermum to 5 lucky children.
Take care x

joanne toone
13-11-08, 22:12
hi lisa thank you 4 your reply i always go 2 bingo every monday my husband makes sure ov that my panic attacks happen in the evenin for sum reason wen all the kids r in bed. I think its because i had my 1st 1 in bed i dont get in bed i sleep on my sofa ive tried goin 2 bed but i cant as soon as i lie down i get even worse and im convinced i will die if i get in bed .

bottleblond
13-11-08, 22:17
I will pm you

xxxx

joanne toone
13-11-08, 22:21
hi pinkpiglet no ive never been in ere before im from oldham if thats any help thank you for replyin 2 me people say u can over cum them but its been 4 yrs. but sayin that people hve them for years and get over them i would do anythin for them to go i was the life and sole of every party and now i feel so low and have no confidence. my husband tells me every day how beautiful i am and how pround he is ov me but i find i hard to belive him .:weep:

spaced
14-11-08, 00:00
:welcome: hi and welcome to the site

weeble40
16-11-08, 16:34
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:23
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx