PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone, am new and struggling :-(

Rhiannon_julia
13-11-08, 22:44
Hey guys,

just joined the site and from things I've read already its proving helpful. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks have done since I was very young infact some of my oldest memories are of having panic attacks. They got very bad in my teens to the point that I wouldnt leave the house although I managed to overcome them and didnt have a panic for 6 years, till now they are back with avengence and I have no idea why they happen and my copeing mechanisums no longer work, though I want to try as many things as possible as I am determined to get rid of them forever. Anythings possible right??? Anyway hope everyone is having a good day and look forward to getting to know you all.

Rhiannon
xxxxxxxx

ukcooldude2005
13-11-08, 22:49
Hii Rhiannon,

Why dont u go to the chat room there are so many friendly people there and u will feel better

Patty
13-11-08, 22:52
Hi Rhiannon_julia,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

joanne toone
13-11-08, 23:24
hi rhiannon im new as well the people in ere r lovly i cant belive im not on my own and im not goin mad hope u get the help u need xx joanne

kim200
13-11-08, 23:33
Hi everyone, I stumbled across this site recently and have just taken the plunge and registered. I have been suffering for about 6 years with severe anxiety which manifests itself as a fear of slipping/falling over. I am 59 but I might as well be 99, even with a stick I don't feel safe and don't even feel safe indoors, though it is worse outside and away from home. I managed to hide it for a long time but have had to tell close friends and family. I feel better just knowing that there are so many people suffering with anxiety. My doctor sent me for a brain scan (normal) and I have seen a psychotherapist/hypnotherapist who has helped me a lot but the problem seems to return after periods of stress. I won't go on too long now but look forward to hearing from anyone who has suffered something similar - I feel such a freak. My balance/walking seems to be getting worse than ever.

Cheers everyone - here's hoping I can help someone else as well as getting help myself!

Kim

spaced
13-11-08, 23:57
:welcome: hi and welcome to the site

Natural Mystic
14-11-08, 10:02
Hey guys,

just joined the site and from things I've read already its proving helpful. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks have done since I was very young infact some of my oldest memories are of having panic attacks. They got very bad in my teens to the point that I wouldnt leave the house although I managed to overcome them and didnt have a panic for 6 years, till now they are back with avengence and I have no idea why they happen and my copeing mechanisums no longer work, though I want to try as many things as possible as I am determined to get rid of them forever. Anythings possible right??? Anyway hope everyone is having a good day and look forward to getting to know you all.

Rhiannon
xxxxxxxx
Hi there

You did it before, you'll do it again. :)

pooh
14-11-08, 13:33
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x

davidb37026
14-11-08, 14:35
Welcome and be sure you come to the chat room and introduce yourself. We have fun in there.

weeble40
16-11-08, 16:34
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:23
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx