PDA

View Full Version : withdrawl from paroxetine help!!!

Ellandrhia
13-11-08, 23:23
Hi I'm new and I wondered if anyone can help me. Doc changed me from paroxetine to citalopram two days ago and I'm having major withdrawl symptoms. He's put me on 20mgs citalopram when I was on 30mgs paroxetine. Is this why I'm feeling so rotton? Please help anyone?

fretty freda
13-11-08, 23:33
hi ellandrhia i went through the exact same i was on seroxat and the doctor changed me to citalopram the memory of it is sum what blurry as i had never felt so ill in my entire life that is why i posted a thread warning people not to take it SEROXAT should be banned the people who invented it NEED to see the SERIOUS BAD EFFECTS it has on SOME people GET THE NASY S**t off the market (hope i am aloud to put that )

i sympathize with you greatly please please bear with it i dont seem to remember it lasting longer than a week although u feel like its never going to go TRUST me U WILL GET through this ! let me know how you get on x

Ellandrhia
14-11-08, 08:12
Thanks for your reply. Went to bed last night and had the shakes soooo bad. Thought I was gonns shake the bed to bits! Not feeleing too bad this morning though but think I will up my citalopram dose to 30mgs to be the same as the paroxetine. Glad someone else out there went through this as I thought I was alone. This is a great website and I'm so glad I founf it. Let you know how I get on. Thanks again for your reply. X

joyce1980
14-11-08, 10:09
We all do but please remember to taper the meds correctly, you may need to taper more slowly if you are this unwell.

I have been through this, it does go away I promis.