PDA

View Full Version : I just want to sleep

Natural Mystic
14-11-08, 03:32
I am sick sick sick of not being able to sleep. I just lie there in a half comotose state everynight with a serious anxious feeling in my chest.

gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Please let me sleep :doh:

Ddcoo
14-11-08, 09:33
Hi Natural Mystic, it mst be so frustrating for you just lying there, is it trying to get to sleep that is the problem, or waking in the early hours and not going back to sleep. No doubt you have tried all the usual stuff like relaxation tapes, diazepam etc. Have you been to the Doctor lately and discussed it with him. I wake early in the morning (about 4am) and don't sleep again, but I just curl up and keep warm and try to think positive thoughts. Sorry, I'm no help really, but send you some sympathy:blush:

janeybaby25
14-11-08, 09:41
Hi hun,

I don't really know what o advise, only that recently I found a old diary that I had started writing when I first got diagnosed with anxiety & I had written in it a lot that I am fed up of not being able to sleep. It was awful at the time but when I was reading it recently I realised I had completly forgotton about not being able to sleep as I don't have this anymore. I can't really say on how to get some but just to let you know it won't last forever. Can you maybe see the doc for some sleeping pills or something?? xxxx

Natural Mystic
14-11-08, 09:49
Bless you, thanks guys.

I have been having anxiety since January but really think I'm better than I was. This is because I have accepted fully that it is only anxiety that I have and because I am trying (working mostly) not to fear the rush, hence the full blown attack isn't happening. Still the anxiety comes in floods (usually when I'm just relaxing and not worrying about anything).

The worst of it now for me is the occasional depersonalisation and the bloody sleeping.

The doc did give me zoplicone last week and I've had 5 ok sleeps with it (thoug still waking around 4 with awful dread inside for some reason). However last night I thought I'd try without because I really don't want to become dependant on these drugs, or any for that matter.

Henywayyyyyyyyyyy not long after I wrote here in the early hours I gave in and took half a tablet, slept for a few hours. I just want to sleep without the aid of something, it scares me getting addicted and/or having withdrawal symptoms when I stop taking them

Have a good day all :)

lennons_mammy
14-11-08, 09:56
Hi Natural Mystic I always listen to a subliminal hypnotherapy cd I bought off ebay to help with my fear of death. It has not done anything for my fear of death but it really does help me sleep. I can't get to sleep without it on. Also I drink a cup of chamomile tea and put a couple of drops of lavender oil on my pillow. I don't know if you have tried any of these but they are worth a go if you haven't.

Natural Mystic
14-11-08, 10:09
I have sprayed lavender on my pillow, though think I did too much lol

And last night I did put on the classical radio station, this did help relax me, just didn't deep sleep.

Has anyone been on zoplicone or similary and if so for how long etc.?

Thanks again all :)

Yes and hot milk rather than a few glasses of wine, I realised that the booze helps no-one with anxiety!

katiedarling
14-11-08, 17:04
I am the exact same, and I am getting so sick of it. I always fall asleep super easily, cause I am always so tired. I fall alseep right away, but every single night for the past like 2 weeks, I wake up about 4 hours later,...and it feels like I stay awake for HOURS, not being able to go back to sleep. The more I lie there, the more anxious I become, because I KNOW I need a good nights sleep....to help me feel better. I know how important it is for anxiety, to get a good nights sleep. And every night....I just lie there in the middle of the night for hours. I dont know what it is that wakes me up, but I seem to wake up after about 3 or 4 hours of sleep.
Just want to sleep.....

little_fairy
14-11-08, 17:13
hey, i have always been a terrible sleeper. my doctor prescribed me zopiclone... and i am ashamed to admit that i feel like i cant sleep without it. i have been on it for weeks now. my boyfriend thinks i am addicted to it. i advise you to try natural things. its so hard for me to try sleeping naturally now...
it will get better:)
xxx

Yvonne
14-11-08, 17:14
Natural Mystic,

Firstly, I just loved the way you wrote henywayyyyy above - it just made me smile cos I could hear the sigh in your voice.

Zopiclone yes I've had it, was given a few by a kind friend. It's ok - yes it may help you sleep for a good few hours. However, when my anxiety was bad it only gave me about 5 hours sleep. I also had quetiepine when anx was very high and that's very "knock you out" - but I still could only manage a few hours sleep on it and kept waking at about 4 am in the morning. It's horrible.

Try Nytol (not herbal) that could help I have found it good. Try wearing yourself out during the day with walking and stuff. I don't know what else to advise. It's just that when anxiety is at a high level it disrupts our sleep so badly and it seems only when the anx levels go down that the sleep pattern gets back to normal.

Good luck.

dibby
12-12-08, 16:28
Hi
I am new to here and have just started Zopiclone which scares me so much, feel my life is being controlled by how anxious i am at going to bed and sleeping, or not as in the case with me.
In try to make sure I have a routine and stay relaxed,(herbal teas, oils, music) then once i get into bed try to not let the fact im worrying about not sleeping come to mind, it does, the heart beat feeling is what i hate and then i get agitated and anxious and sometimes cry, then its reaching for the sleeping tablet..

I know if it helps me sleep that is a good thing, am just so scared i wont sleep without them.....

Meewah
15-12-08, 16:28
Hi

I went though this back in 2006 when I first got my Anx. I tried everything. Drugs worked but I would wake early. How I conquered it was:-

I changed the time of going to sleep dramatically everyday. Never the same time each day. This I found broke the cycle of thought patterns that build up with routine.

I forced myself to get up and read if I was not asleep after 10 Mins. Sometimes I stayed up all night and felt terrible all day, good job I could come and go at work.

After 2 Weeks of this I found my body reacted by forcing me to go to sleep at any time of the day. I used to fight it and only go to sleep after 10pm.

I started walking everyday 4 miles 2 miles in a morning 2 miles at tea time.

It felt I was trying to trick my mind in to sleeping.

I read some great books. I now fall asleep very easy and mostly in front of the TV. I wake at 5am ish and go upstairs to differing success of getting back off to sleep. Same rules apply at 5am get up after 10 Mins and read a book, make a cup of hot milk. Light the open fire and fall asleep when I cant keep my eyes open anymore.

Hope this helps a little. Do the opposite to what you want.

Mee

tulip123
15-12-08, 21:46
Hi I suffer from chronic insomnia and can end up not sleeping for several nights and then all of a sudden will sleep. The only way of combatting it is the hard way - not worrying about it and keeping your mind active on something else. It has taken me about a year getting there. In the end the body will sleep and it will give you no choice.

Zopiclone and drugs are only a temporary solution (if you can call then a solution in my opinion), and when I took them, indeed I slept like sleeping beauty but I was kidding myself, it took me months and months to come off them and I ended up right where I started, but much worse............ I'm yet to be convinced of its uses. Nytol just leaves you more tired than when you begun unless you take the herbal version (harmless but useless).

One would be advised to train the mind over a very long period of time. i found it easier when I stopped feeling sorry for myself and accepted it more. I do a stressful job which implies I need all the sleep I can get. It turned out that my porblem was digestive (I have had a few really lazy doctors who like to think I was depressed and anxious so they could perscribe a load of cheap drugs and avoid costly investigation - luckily I changed to a really knowledge team - quite lucky really) so with a new diet and a bit more faith I ride through the periods I don't sleep knowing in the end there will longer periods with sleep (I look forward to them). I try not to scare myself. Not easy but can be done - no magic wands!!!!!

Just a little post scrip - sometimes when we sleep we are not aware of it and it may feel like we have had less than we really had. Also just read this through and it sounds really arrogant, sorry if anyone thinks this, but I think I have suffered enough and need to move on by deciding to feel better. It works for me for now.

Tulip123

shakingleaf
16-01-09, 17:28
I know how annoying that can be. I've been going through this extereme case for the last 2 weeks. Finally got some med's from my doc, I hope tonight is a good night.

Are you able to get anything from your doc?

I am sick sick sick of not being able to sleep. I just lie there in a half comotose state everynight with a serious anxious feeling in my chest.

gggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Please let me sleep :doh:

shakingleaf
16-01-09, 17:38
I always fall asleep super easily, cause I am always so tired. I fall alseep right away, but every single night for the past like 2 weeks, I wake up about 4 hours later,...and it feels like I stay awake for HOURS, not being able to go back to sleep. The more I lie there, the more anxious I become,

Sounds like me! I'm hoping for the best tonight. I'm going to go to bed an usual but when I wake i'm going to take my medication and hope that will get me through the rough part of the night/morning. I tend to sleep ok from about 10 until about 1-2am, then its nothing but toss and turn in and out of sleep until about 530.. then the anxiety sets in.

phoennixxs11
11-02-09, 21:02
Insomnia Ahhhhhhhh what a problem this is for me too, for almost 2 years now i have had the annoying problem of bad sleep and none sleep! I've stayed up all night on many occasions just praying for sleep to come then gone to work at 6 for 8 hours. I've tried Nytol (works wonders but only short term) relaxation cd's, milky drinks, warm baths, lavender sprays and camomille tea. I know its anxiety related so finally went to doctors about the anxiety, got put on Sertraline 50mg then 2 weeks later SLEEP!!! Then my dose was increased to 100mg........................................... INSOMNIA returned Arrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

3 weeks in still not sleeping but its not as bad, just hoping the meds will do the trick but i'm not too confident :(

I'm glad to hear i aint cracking up and there are more us out there feeling frustrated and crazy with insomnia (i mean that in the nicest possible way lol)

Phoennixxs11