PDA

View Full Version : New to this site,so thought i'd say hi!!!!

devonvicky
14-11-08, 15:43
Well i dont know where to start really,i came across this site as i was looking on google for the best way to withdraw from zispin,i do belong to the emetophobia site(IES) and gut reaction but i dont really use those sites anymore as talking about being sick and people around who have the stomach bug only makes my anxiety worse,so i thought this would be a great place for meeting new friends and support.

Well i'm 35 nearly 36 lol in 2 weeks...i live in Plymouth Devon on my own with my dog and cat(Ellie and brad). i have been suffering with anxiety and other related things for about 8yrs now,but for 2yrs of that time got back on my feet,went back to college and studied as a fitness and personal trainer.
I've always had emetophobia from about 7yrs old(this is a fear of vomiting if anyone's not sure about it) but it never really affected my life until 8yrs ago,i travelled Oz for 6mths on my own,been many places abroad when younger and was even a nanny for 5yrs,i can just hear people saying now,what with having emetophobia,yes its mad,but i was really lucky i never once had a child be sick in front of me while under my care,but i def used to get a stomach bug every yr,which although i hated it i coped...when i returned from travelling oz i started to work for British Airways and loved my job as a ground crew supervisor at my local airport but 4 yrs into me being there i started to suffer with severe anxiety,again i have always suffered with anxiety as a child but i was able to control it.I've actually felt the older i get the more fearful i get,mad as many people say when u get older things wont bother u so much...IF Only hey!!! well i lost my job at BA and my life spiralled out of control and became agoraphobic for 2 yrs and Even refused tabs for about 4 yrs till the point i decided to do research and someone from another site said that zispin was one of the anti depressants that didn't have the side affect of nausea of vomiting,i decided to try it and with in 6mths i had built my life up again,going out everyday bought my dog so it kept me stepping out of my home everyday,i went back to studying and nearly passed all my qualifications,except the final one for personal trainer award,while i was on my last course my father passed away and life was put on hold,unfortunately the next course wasn't until another yr,so i tried to get on with my life by grieving but all that seemed to happen is my life was slipping backwards again with severe anxiety...Once again i'm agoraphobic i dont get out other then to take my dog to the bottom of my street where there's a car park so i can throw the ball and give her some exercise,I'm filled with a lot of guilt,for many reasons,the poor dog needs to be getting out more,my mum is 73 and she runs around after me,picking things up,i do do my food shopping online which helps but that always comes with worry of freshness and dates...its one worry after another...I've got to the point where i dont feel my tabs are helping me anymore and my doc wants me to come off them,OMG dread,for 2 reasons the talk of people having reactions from withdrawing and also how will i cope without them,i keep telling myself they aren't working except helping me sleep at nite...Anyway i think I've waffled on a bit toooo much i got carried away,it was suppose to be a small introduction lol!!! so i do hope i can make some good friends who understand
what i'm going through,life gets very lonely on ur own all day
take care hope to hear from some people
vicky xx

jodie
14-11-08, 16:28
hiya

:welcome: to nmp

jodie x

marie1974
14-11-08, 17:50
hi vicky and welcome to nmp, im sure u will find loads of great advice and support here and make new friends too. hugs xxxx

Patty
15-11-08, 23:51
Hi Vicky,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

weeble40
16-11-08, 16:28
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

devonvicky
18-11-08, 13:09
Hey guys thanxs for the big welcome from all those above and yes def look forward to meeting people in similar positions as myself.will catch u in the chat room soon
take care vicky x

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:05
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx