PDA

View Full Version : what is the point of the professionals

leo05
14-06-05, 14:25
what is the point of the professionals?

i really dont know wether they really want to help or not as when ever i think i am getting somewhere with mine they dissapear of the scene again just like my counsellor did today said that she does not think that she is helping but she was :( just don't want to go on living anymore there just is no point to life i know i moan at lots but you are my only support now :)+:(

leanne

nomorepanic
14-06-05, 14:26
Has she given you the option to carry on seeing her or has she now stopped all contact?

Were you allowed so many sessions or for as long as you wanted?

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

leo05
14-06-05, 14:30
she said if the doc says i need to see her but she thinks it is not the right place for me

well i was contracted untill september but could recontract if needed

just see the point in trusting professionals anyway they always do this to me! :(

leanne

Meg
14-06-05, 15:57
What does she think you need instead ?

It seems that if you were getting help from seeing her then you may be best off telling your doctor you do want to extend your contract ..

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

leo05
14-06-05, 16:05
someone who is able to deal with the voices i hear but i dont understand why she has stoped as i still was contracted till sept

leanne

tattybear
14-06-05, 16:09
HI Leanne,

Like we spoke about before - you should see your doc and tell him everything. Be honest, in the long run it will help - he'll be able to put youin touch with professionals who CAN and WILL help you :)

Tatty B xx

leo05
14-06-05, 16:12
[thanks i will go i promise but will let you know how i do

leanne

Karen
14-06-05, 20:15
Hi Leanne

Sorry to hear about what your counsellor said.

I agree that it is a good idea to go back to your doctor and say what you feel you need. If your counsellor was helping you but she feels you need extra help maybe you could continue with her in addition to extra help.

Let us know how you get on.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

leo05
15-06-05, 13:58
hi just to let you all know that i have to see doc nxt wk as she is on hol at mo but really nervous still she will think i am mad

leanne

LisaD
15-06-05, 14:55
Hi Leanne,

Sorry to hear about your experience with the councellor...but I had the exact same experience myself!!! When my anxiety was very acute and basically unmanagable, my councellor also told me that there was nothing she could do to help. I was very angry with her...but she did refer me to a psychiatrist, and I went there, and I have to say that it was more useful. I'm sure that your councellor doesn't want to abondon you, but feels that maybe she is not equipped to offer you the best help...so hang in there, and see what they have to say okay??

Take care and let us know how you are getting on!

Lisa

leo05
15-06-05, 15:00
thanks gonig to see gp nxt wk as thats what she said i had to do but not really sure about it though[8D]