PDA

View Full Version : Relieved to have found this site:0)

Ragna
14-11-08, 19:46
Hello everyone

I'm 44 (ouch) female with 6 wonderful children and thankfully a VERY understanding husband.

I have suffered from panic attacks/anxiety on and off since 1996. Also on and off ectopic heart beats which made me panic more - I'm convinced that I'm going to have a heart attack.

It's restricted my life to the point where I no longer drive the car myself out of my town. Avoid going to places on my own. Can understand 100% how people can become agraphobic.

However, over the last few years the focus has been mainly on health anxiety which I recognised tonight for the first time on this site. You would laugh if I told you how I got here - by googling 'humming in leg' after a day at A & E as I've got surface thrombosis that I was worried was another DVT. (had one back in 2003)

Also want to thank whoever wrote the Palpatations on the main menu, as this has been the best explanation I've ever seen - and believe me I've googled ectopic beats that many times !

I really feel that being here will hopefully be my first steps into helping myself understand that I'm not alone.

Ragna xx:D

Jan63
14-11-08, 19:49
Hi and welcome Ragna.:D

It's great to find that your not alone when you worry about things isn't it because I felt the same and that I was the only one with health anxiety.:unsure:

bottleblond
14-11-08, 19:51
HI Ragna

Welcome along to NMP :flowers:

You will get lots of support and advice here.

Love Lisa
xxx

Patty
14-11-08, 20:31
Hi Ragna,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx :bighug1:

EmmaJane
14-11-08, 20:43
Hi Ragna

Welcome to the site xx

Ragna
14-11-08, 22:05
Thank you all so much for your warm welcomes :D

weeble40
16-11-08, 16:31
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:27
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx