PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and ectopic beats

cruisecraft
15-11-08, 08:54
Hi to you all.Have come across this site whilst trying to solve the mystery of ectopic beats.
I am a 64 year old male in good health but an anxious type of person.
I still work but find these ectopic beats have a huge impact on my life.
Days when I only get a few every hour i am ok but when they occur every third or fourth beat i focus in on them,they go for hours like this.
The cardioligist says not to worry about them but he has not told me how not to worry.He says they are benign. I drive him nuts.I do not worry about other health matters.
I sometimes feel that food or a drink of water on an empty stomach can set them off.
Would love to hear from others who may also suffer ectopics.
How much does anxiety play in this condition .

Good health to you all,

cruisecraft.

Patty
15-11-08, 23:55
Hi Cruisecraft,:)

:welcome: to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :D

kaynbrian
16-11-08, 00:09
Hi. I can relate to that. Yes it is when you drink sometimes they do miss beats.I would actually be scared to drink anything. I have been on L carentine with co q 10 by bio inivations. and i take nordic omega 3 6 9. Look on the web for bio inivations. I have been on these narual vitamins for 3 months and my miss beats have stop almost all together. Where i would get them every day all day which it would throw me into panic attacks real bad!!!
I would stay at the hospital constantly. I aqlso watch what i eat. No sugar, wheat bread, no coffee, no coke products at all. And do this and watch you will be amazed at how your heart will not ever miss beats. I did not beleave what i would eat could trigger these missed beats but it does. The dr. never would admit it but let me tell you..it works!!! i was on disability because i had it so bad for 3 years, i am back at work and doing great. But if i miss a few days of thoae vitamins trust me i have miss beats. Let me know how you are doing after u try what i said and watch....kaynbrian

Cathy V
16-11-08, 00:10
Hi there and welcome. You'll find alot of members with these ectopics, me included, although i seem to be having a break from the m at the moment.

My cardio also tells me im fine and that they are nothing to worry about. The doc knows the difference between benign ectopics and heart problems for real, wouldn't be much of a cardio if he didn't I guess!

I know they are uncomfortable and scary, but in no way do they damage your heart and you can go on with your life even while you have them going on. Ive had them on and off for many years and had 4 births whilst feeling these ectopics (for women they can also be triggered by hormones and i got them all through my pregnancies)

Try not to worry about them too much if you can. Adrenaline affects people in different ways. Some people get nervous stomachs, other get migraines, we just happen to get ectopics.

Best wishes
Cathy xxx :welcome:

cruisecraft
16-11-08, 09:21
Hi to you all and thanks for your encouragement about ectopics.This a great site and I feel more relaxed after hearing from and the support you offer.
Thanks again

weeble40
16-11-08, 16:27
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:32
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx