PDA

View Full Version : Indigestion, musculo/skeletal or heart attack!

countrygirl
15-11-08, 16:30
Suddenly earlier this afternoon I got a stabbing pain between my shoulder blades- very high up at top more or less just under right shoulderblade. It was really nasty and I also seemed to feel it a bit inbetween ribs at front in same place. I have spine problems and had woken up in pain with right side of my ribs and neck but also I seemed to be burping alot as well.

I was really frightened but my husband just said its either indigestion from eating fast just before it started or its your back playing up. After about 45 mins the pain went away but I do have sore shoulder blade on movement and ribs and neck pain on that side.

Of course I am terrified it was heart pain as I know women can feel heart pain in their back.

I have been to my Dr many times with stabbing chest pain over the last 4 years and she twice for my benefit she has done the blood test that can tell you if you have had a heart attack and she says its probably musculo/skeletal with my spinal problems. She also said the biggest cause of hospital admission for suspected heart attack is indigestion and pulled muscles.

What does anyone think?? and what should I do if it comes back??

pinkpiglet
15-11-08, 16:59
It does sound like indigestion to me but when we have anxiety it is hard to be reassured by someone. From the location of the pain i would say trapped wind or indigestion as i get this pain from time to time and it always coincides with lots of burping. Obviously, if the pain comes back you should try and eliminate any trapped gas that you have by taking gaviscon or something (I usually get my OH to rub my back for me as i get it quite alot). I would try not to worry!

countrygirl
15-11-08, 19:27
Thanks pinkpiglet - I didn't know you could get wind/indigestion pains in your back! I thought you always got them in your chest. I think it is more likely my crippled back but glad to know wind etc can be felt in the back and shoulderblades.