PDA

View Full Version : broken heart

nickieb
15-11-08, 17:52
My health anxiety has pretty much subsided which is a relief, yes when i am ill i still get stressed. However the last few days have i have an overwhelming feeling of my own heartbeat. It feels as though it is bouncing out my chest, racing & every so often flutters (kinda like extra beats feeling)...its very odd and almost makes me stop in my stride & gasp for air.

Anyone else get this? if so have you had it checked?

janeybaby25
15-11-08, 18:15
Hi Nickie. These are classic anxiety symtoms but have you been to get them checked out? I have had them in past but obv had it checked. I recommend you go see your GP. Let us know how you get on hun. x

jodie
15-11-08, 18:19
hiya nickie

yeah i do get this a lot this is what my anx started with (ectopics heart beats flutters) i have seen on the forum a lot of ppl who have them and have had them checked out .
i have had heart scans ecg,s the lot and they all came back ok .
best thing you can do is not panic about them as it makes them worse

jodie xxx

pinkpiglet
15-11-08, 18:39
Hiya Nickie, ectopics/palpatations can present themselves in different ways, fast, slow, thumping. fluttering etc..
There is a section on these under the heading 'health worries' in the main menu (to the right of this page).
This feature is very good and also very reasuuring when ectopics are a problem. Both me and my partner found this link useful.

nickieb
15-11-08, 18:48
Thanks guys

I am gonna make an appointment monday to see the docs just in case. They have been continuous this evening perhaps because i am now more aware of them...when usually they are just at night really. Vile feeling though guys, almost makes u feel like nervous, like you have butterflies in your tummy but not in your chest if that makes sense.

Did u guys have them constantly or just occasionally? I hope they subside its a horrible sensation. I pity my patients now who had them