PDA

View Full Version : Lyme Disease

countrygirl
15-11-08, 23:05
Bit of a long story. I have only ever as far as I know had 2 ticks on me the last one over 10 yrs ago and both times I removed them when they were still flat and tiny so couln'dt have been on for long. I didn't develop any rash or flu like symptoms.

I have for many many years suffered constant pain all over my body which has been attributed to damage to my spine. I also have abnormal brain mri showing some lesions but not correlating to ms. I also have daily twitching mostly in face ( eyes/mouth) and legs ( thighs/calves) and I also have lots of tingling and altered sensation, again attributed to my spinal damage.

BUT I have just read that people with lymes disease can have abnormal mri showing what looks like ms lesions plus tingling and shooting pains all over body.

A few months ago I saw a neurologist who did another brain mri plus evoked eye potential test and at end he said abnormalities on both but only slight so inconclusive - none the wiser! I can go back to see him at any time and have emailed his sec asking for either an appt or other way of contacting him to ask about the lyme posibility.

I'm not sure how to approach him without letting on that I found the info on the internet - he is very nice man and am sure he wil not be offended at me asking about lymes but anyone any ideas??

Or do you think my HA is making me bark up the wrong tree here??

pinkpiglet
15-11-08, 23:16
LOL, nice bit of wit there at the end. Good that you can keep a sense of humour amidst what is happening to you. It sounds very worrying and i hope you find out what is causing these legions once and for all. I have never heard of lymes disease but yeah, it definitely wants mentioning to your neurologist. I wouldnt worry about letting on where you gained this information either. The source of information seems irrelevant to me really. If you are concerned then you should be honest and request an investigation. If your symptoms fit this disease and the medical experts are no wiser as to what it is then surely it is worth pursuing. Please keep us posted on this and I hope you can find some explaination for your illness.