PDA

View Full Version : How does anxiety do this to you!

suzuki
14-06-05, 18:12
Can anyone explain why we feel we have lost our identity with acute anxiety. Is it because youe withdraw into yourself? And any tips on ways to get your old self back . thanking you Sue

Alton
14-06-05, 18:19
I can only speak for myself but I think it is because I was always a very outgoing person who was up for anything - worrying just wasn't "me".
So I feel I have lost my essense bacause I can't do the things I would never have even thought about before.

But I have been told by everyone who knows me that I am still "me" as they always thought that my essence was my strengh - and that I am the strongest person they know, to be able to live with this and still get my degree, get a good job, go on holiday and basically do what others do - even though it is harder.

Hold onto that and you haven't lost your identity - you've just forgotten what it is.

BrandyK
14-06-05, 20:14
I can relate...

It will come back in time..

Brandy

alexis
14-06-05, 21:20
I feel that my anxiety has made me a different person. I felt weak and a failure although I am overcoming this. like Alton says your whole life changes.
Your identity changes, Mine has and changed me from a sociable person into a bit of a loner. i feel I never can do what I did before incase of panics and the depression has altered me completely.
I have to try and be in control of every situation before I put myself in it, eg,whereas I could just walk into a cafe to meet friends I now have to suss out the situation, make sure i can get out as quick as I got in. Im not sure if this has answered your question sorry if not. Feel free to pm, speak soon Love Alexis,x

Piglet
15-06-05, 08:49
Alexis - ditto!

Love Piglet