PDA

View Full Version : there is definetly something wrong with my tummy!!!!

cazzamagui1
16-11-08, 16:12
im really thinking i have stomach cancer :scared15:

for the past month or so ive been getting a really weird sensastion in my left hip area its not actully a pain ive not had to take pain relief for it but im aware that its present,so i figured it was a strain or just anx however when i eat a meal i get a full feeling quite quick and then the ache feels like a stitch!!!!.....im so scared so i did a silly thing and looked on a nhs website where i came across stomach cancer and i checked the symptoms (i no i no tutt tutt @ me ) but i couldnt help it ,,,

and apart from the ache in my hip and the stich feelin i have symptoms oh my god i dont have blood in my stools sorry:blush: but it said that was advanced when that happens im really really scared :weep:

i thought i was doin so well not had a pa for awhile and now im a wreck:weep:

what do i do has anyone else had this please help xxxxx

PhoenixGrey
16-11-08, 19:47
If you have no blood in your stools or no distinct change in your bowel movements I really wouldn't worry about it. If you're really worried speak to a doctor - ask them to do some tests on you (stool samples aren't fun but are reassuring).

Don't you just hate the internet?! My friends are threatening to ban me from my laptop unless I stop googling symptoms - unfortunately I have the chance to google at work too!).

Ive spent a month feeling bloated and having horrible stomach upsets - but they've run tests and there's nothing, nothing but my anxiety and panic causing it!

Hope you can reassure yourself.

crunchie01
16-11-08, 19:57
hi

i sometimes get a twinge in my right side where my groin is it is not there all the time just now and then and by the time i have realised it has twinged the pain has gone, it was mentioned to me when i was thinking it was all sorts i was told it would probably be wind!! this may be coincidental but my stomach has been playing up these past few days with me eating spicy food and my side twinged i went to the toilet for a number 2 and it went, so may be it could be wind
hope this helps a little:hugs:

pinkpiglet
16-11-08, 20:05
Its no good anyone telling you not to google, when you get the urge theres no stopping you! I am a devil for googling when my HA is high but i try to stick to the NHS or Bupa sites now as they don't seem to put the fear of god in me as much. Its blooming awful when you are convinced that you have something sinister and it plays on your mind constantly. Then, all of a sudden the signs and symptoms subside and the fear passes. The only thing is, we move onto another illness. This is health anxiety for you!
You should always go and get new symptoms checked out by your GP anyway, for peace of mind if nothing else. You have got nothing to lose, provided your doctor takes your concerns seriously.
I have convinced myself that i have had stomach cancer myself, on a few occassions so i know the symptoms & it doesnt sound to me as if you have this at all so you can stop worrying!
Have you changed medications recently?

EmmaJane
16-11-08, 20:07
I cant help in the sense I don't have this sorry, but what about hormonal. Is it around your ovulating time etc?

Maybe worth a trip to the doc to reassure you. Im sure it not stomach cancer, but I know where your coming from with the goggling and symptoms. I have manfged this time not to google. Mind you its not easy :-)

cazzamagui1
16-11-08, 20:29
hey thanks every1 for ur replies i think i will take a trip to my docs just for peace of mind and see what he says........its just drivin me mad it comes and goes as well so im sure if it was anythin serious wouldnt it stay and wouldnt the ache be a hurtful pain!!!!!

anyway thanks again till next time lol caz xxxx