PDA

View Full Version : New Lion In the Jungle

Lion King
16-11-08, 21:33
Hi,
I'm new to this website, I have been made to partake by my partner who has spent considerable time on this site and has assured me that she has received great benefit and re-assurance in times off low, unhappy times.
I am basically coming to this site to share a few insecurities that I am currently dealing with which is my low confidence, self esteem and self worth.
I am a new dad and I have a stressful job as a manager which has created these unexpected issues as I have not struggled in the past with dealing with any issues of self criticism, as I used to be a very positive person, these new feelings are strange to me as I am unable to switch off from these negative emotions.
If you have any words/advice that could help overcome this , I would really appreciate it!

Thanks

Cathy V
16-11-08, 21:44
Hi there lion king and welcome. I think you have such a sense of responsibility with the new baby, and it seems to be spilling over into your working life too. My guess is you are feeling very vunerable at the moment, but i think that once you get into your role as daddy your confidence will come back.

If this is the first time managing other people, this can be very daunting, and you are also tired, and tiredness can change perspective. Keep posting and sharing your feelings and im sure you'll be back on track in no time.

Cathy xxx :welcome:

pinkpiglet
16-11-08, 22:11
Hey there Lion King,

:welcome: to the Jungle (Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!)

Your partner as done right, (we usually are LOL) this site is fantastic and I'm sure you will get some great support. It sounds as if you're having a pretty stressful time at the minute and sometimes it helps to hear someone elses view on things.
Good luck!

smurfette
17-11-08, 10:23
Hi Lion King

:welcome: to NMP!

Take care,
Mandy x

PUGLETMUM
17-11-08, 10:28
:) ride the wave of these new experiences without trying to get to any other mental state and eventually you will come through the other side:winks:

lorac
17-11-08, 10:42
Hi Lion King

Welcome to the site your partner is right this is a good place to come and talk things over with people who understand things you are going through.

Take care

Carol

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:16
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx

weeble40
18-11-08, 18:06
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
22-11-08, 03:29
Hi there and welcome

Pooh x