PDA

View Full Version : so breathless plz help!!!

liz24x
16-11-08, 22:33
so my ectopic beats had gone away for a while but 5 days ago i began to get VERY VERY VERY breathless,i felt like i had to work on every breath just before this happened i had a big thud in my chest, i was not stressed at the time just watching a film with my fiance, ever since i have had a LOT of ectopic beats, but today is the worse i think ive had about 30 this morning, its really worrying me i have had all the tests at the hospital late last yr the only one i didnt have was stress test, i feel like i could die from this :( my auntie died at 32 from a heart attack so that worries me too :( is there anything i can do to stop feeling these horrible things, they happen even when im not thinking about them i dunno what todo :( :( :(

Anxious_gal
16-11-08, 22:59
When I get heart palpitations really bad, I get breathless too, like I'm after running, I find it's breathing out that seems hard,
I really think it is just the fact your heart beats fast-your chest feels tights- you tend to feel naturally breathless when your hearts racing, add anxiety on top of that.
the only thing that helps me is distrasction like t.v or something.
you can get beata-blockers from a doctor which slow your heart down.
sometimes bending forward can help, I heard that from a doctor ,
if they are really bad go back to your doctor, you have every right to be comfortable and to get your problem fixed x

xBettyBoopx
16-11-08, 23:30
Hi LiznBlake

It's very hard to think logically when anxiety hits. Ectopic beats are quite harmless & nothing to do with there being anything wrong with the heart, especially if you've had tests & they've come back negative. Non-anxious ppl get them, I have had them since I was a teenager, before the anxiety hit me. I'm 51 now:ohmy:

Breathlessness is also a major anxiety sign, although you say that you weren't feeling stressed at the time, the ectopic beats can almost seem to take your breath away. Try concentrating on the 'out' breath rather than the 'in' one. Apparently we try to take in air when we still have a lot left from the last breath due to tension, so then we can't breath in enough (or we think we can't), get more anxious, then it's a vicious circle until your brain takes over (thank God). The breathing centre in the brain will always take over (Dr Claire Weekes) & so you will never not get enough breath. The problem with the breathing is that the more you concentrate on it, the worse it seems to get, that's why relaxation to do with breathing doesn't usually work (not for me anyways).

Someone on here suggested thinking about cutting up a lemon & eating it. I have to say I was very sceptical, but I tried it & it worked:yesyes: It broke the cycle of bad breathing & panic, give it a try, you've nothing to lose.

You'll be ok, honest. Take care.
Love
Els
xxx
http://sandgroper14.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/lemon_small.jpg