PDA

View Full Version : I WAS OK.........was

Alisonj
17-11-08, 02:04
I had been on a waiting list to get into a inpatient program at a hospital for mood and anxiety disorders. 8 mnths later I finally got the call. But I was doing well, really well. I decided to go and try it anyways. It was 2 hours from home. So I went up. It was horrible. The people were so depressed and talked about death and dying and everything was locked up and we couldnt have anything with a cord or even have access to our stuff. It was really dreadful. So I met with a phychiatrist, phychologist and a social worker as well as a GP. I told them I was worried that being there was going to make things worse as it was so depressing etc. They agreed and I stayed one night and was sent home. Well now, after having nightmares etc about the place I am worse again. Back to the constant blood pressure checking and the googling. I am assuming going there triggered me.
Anyone have any ideas how I can kick this in the butt before it takes control again??

joyce1980
17-11-08, 09:32
Hey hon are you still on paroxetine???

I think you should speak to a psychiatrist maybe once a week or less and go from home to his/hers practise.

I agree It would make you worse to be surounded by people who are worse then you, It would make me feel ill too. In fact I shiver at the thought

Hugs matey and I just wanted you to know that My Ob said it was ok to be on paroxetine and have kids

So let's see how I go, I still feel nervous but I want to have a family.

Alisonj
18-11-08, 04:16
Thanks Joyce. Unforunately there is a huge shortage of them around here and they do not feel I am serious enough to be seen :(
I am still on Paxil. Going on 11.5 years now! LOL
I am glad your OB told you it was ok. My three are proof that it does no harm! I hope things are good with you and you start your family soon!!!