PDA

View Full Version : RE: Zopiclone

David985623
17-11-08, 05:36
Hi

Ive been struggling with my sleep for quite some time now. Ive resisted any form of sleep medication coz i feared id get reliante on them as i have addictive personality. Recently a friend suggested i try Zopiclone, I did very stupid thing and i tried some of theres. I was asleep within 10 minutes of taking. It felt great to get good nights sleep. I took medication for about 4 days. Im sure thats not long enough to get addicted, but since then my sleep has got worse i can go a day without any sleep. Im finding it even harder to sleep at all now. Ive had few personal setbacks and im thinking its too do with that. But then i think my sleeping has got even worse only since i stopped taking the medication. This is making me very anxious. I know i should never have taken it but im just wandering if anyone out there knows anything about these tablets and if they can be addictive.

Dave x

karenb
17-11-08, 13:56
Hi there Dave,

I am also a non-sleeper! Have taken Zopiclone now for a bout 3 years - can't sleep without it.

Apparently it's only supposed to be used for a short term but my doc gives it to me on repeat prescription! Am I addicted or not?, I don't know or is it in my head that I can't sleep because I haven't taken my Zopiclone?

Take Care

Karen x :D

CliveL
17-11-08, 15:50
I have zopiclone for occasional use, though I find having a bedtime routine also helps, try having a hot chocolate drink, or the like, at bedtime and your body will get used to going to sleep soon after your supper.

loulii1
17-11-08, 16:10
hi dave my doctor prescribed zopiclone 2 me but i was 2 anxious 2 take them incase i got addicted but after 3 days of no sleep and two more visits to the doctor i tryd it and was fine only took it twice and then stopped now i just drink horlicks and watch a movie iv seen lots of times till i fall asleep also the doctor reasurred me that i wouldnt get addicted because he only give me a 10 day suply so im sure ull be fine

David985623
18-11-08, 04:17
Thanks for your help. Im sure its all in my head i should never have taken them. I think maybe a better routine or natural remedy might be better for me. I find it hard to wind down im always thinking. It causes problems in all aspects of my life.

Regards Dave x