PDA

View Full Version : is this still anxiety or do i need to call midwife?

redballoons
17-11-08, 07:54
hi
I dont know if there is something wrong that I need to see a miswife about or if I am just having a really bad bout of anxiety.

I am 26 weeks pregnant, on saturday we were out and I felt very faint, we ended up coming home. the feeling didnt go away and by the evening I felt bad enough to call the midwife. I have had preeclampsia in both of my previous pregnancies which started around this stage so they told me to come in straight to the labour ward.

I went in blood pressure was a little higher than normal but not hugely so (was 140/88) and had trace of protein, again this can be normal sometimes. baby was fine, blood sugar was fine. they wanted me to stay in but by that point I was sure it was just anxiety and went home.

I have felt horrible since then, weak to the point I feel I cant do normal things. my husband has had to take the day off to work from home and i feel dizzy when i stand and shaky.

I have NO temperature or anything that would suggest a virus etc.

so anyway i am lying in bed and I dont know what to do. I dont want to go calling the maternity unit again if this is anxiety but at the sane time I dont know whats going on - this is the workds worst panic attack if it is http://www.netmums.com/coffeehouse/images/smilies/icon_sad.gif

what should i do?

sophie

redballoons
17-11-08, 07:55
oh sorry for posting the same twice my internet crashed ha;f way through !

sorry!

sophie

andie73
17-11-08, 08:15
Hi Sophie

This is probaby is anxiety but for your peace of mind I would ring the midwife as it can do no harm to get checked out. It may help to ease your anxiety.

Hope everything is well. Take care.