PDA

View Full Version : Feels like cant get enough air

anx mum
17-11-08, 09:21
So fed up for over 2 months sometimes i feel like im not getting enough air. Really scares me when ive had my oxygen levels done at hospital always about 98%. Does anyone else get this feeling?

Wenjoy
17-11-08, 11:27
Yep - its called hyperventilation. I get it when I go in hot stuffy shops and restuarants, church etc. I panic that I cant breathe and the more I try to breathe the more panicky and hot I get. We breathe when we are sleeping so we know its automatic and we will always get enough air. I read Dinah Bradleys Hyperventilation syndrome book (from Amazon) and am learning that you need to breathe slowly in and out of your nose - not your mouth - making the outbreath loonger than the in breath. Also I distract myself when I am panic breathing and it returns to normal when I do that!!! Good luck.Wenjoy x

anx mum
17-11-08, 11:49
Yep - its called hyperventilation. I get it when I go in hot stuffy shops and restuarants, church etc. I panic that I cant breathe and the more I try to breathe the more panicky and hot I get. We breathe when we are sleeping so we know its automatic and we will always get enough air. I read Dinah Bradleys Hyperventilation syndrome book (from Amazon) and am learning that you need to breathe slowly in and out of your nose - not your mouth - making the outbreath loonger than the in breath. Also I distract myself when I am panic breathing and it returns to normal when I do that!!! Good luck.Wenjoy x

Im getting it quite alot and im at home its horrible. When doc did my oxygen levels it was normal. My breathing feels shallow.