PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel alone?

nicros
17-11-08, 09:58
I am still juggling looking after my OH with his trapped nerve problem and looking after the kids (6&8) and giving support to my sister who is suicidal again and my Dad who cannot cope with my sister and is bad with his athritis atm but they live 3 hours away so its mainly by phone and email. I am also helping my friend out who has just had a major opp and who's husband has just been diagnosed with cancer. I like looking after people but as this has gone on all year I am feeling more alone with my GAD as my OH used to be so supportive now he is so wrapped up in his nerve pain that he won't even do the simplist things I ask of him and I am starting to get resentful now. I am full of cold atm and as I lost my mum and have no other family near by I feel like I have got to carry on smiling and get on with it, but inside I feel lonely, sad and unloved. My OH seems to be fine as long as I seem fine but as soon as I want something he changes and has no patience with me at all. I seem to spend most of my time in tears now, is there anyone out there who feels like this? I am seeing my health worker at 11am today but I feel like I say the same thing over and over again! sorry to go on but I've got no-one else to talk to except all of you, thanks Nicola

lennons_mammy
17-11-08, 10:27
Hi Nicros it must be so hard for you having to deal with all that. Its not fair on you at all. I think you need to let someone know how you feel and see if you can get some help. I know how you feel about feeling lonely. I moved to Hartlepool from Newcastle 2 years ago and I have never made any new friends up here. I only get to see my family once a month when they come up and now I have agoraphobia so I can't go out to meet any body. The only person I have to keep me company is my 2 year old son. Your OH is being unfair. You have supported him and he should be doing the same for you. You should let him know exactly how you feel.

nicros
22-11-08, 12:35
Thankyou, I am feeling a lot better now as my OH treatment seems to be coming to an end so hopefully he will be back to work soon. The thing that changed him was that last week when our close friend was diagnosed with cancer we seem to get things in to perspective. We sat and talked for ages and I said about how I really want a puppy to train and I need that atm and I have been asking for over a year now as my dog misses dog company even though she is not left alone. Anyway OH said he was sorry for everything and has bought me a cocker spaniel pup who we pick up on 10th dec. Since I chose the pup my mental health has got better and better, I have spent time at the hospital with my OH at his appointments, (before this the hos was a no no as I hate them after mum died) I have been out to a family party and meal, I've been shopping with a friend and even been in a lift and I'm really claustrophobic!
I feel like I could conquer worlds atm with this pup on the way. This has been the only good thing to come out of this terrible year. Thankyou again for your support, and I live in sedgefield so we are quite close. Love Nicola XX

marie1974
22-11-08, 12:53
hiya and glad u feeling better, i luv helping people too but sometimes we get so wrapped up in helping others we forget about ourselves and then all of a sudden we feel alone and in need of some support of our own.

i know that feeling only too well and sometimes alot of people are so wrapped up in there own stufff that they cant deal with other peoples problems too, sometimes all we need is a chat and a nice hug to feel abit better.

hugs to u and pup sounds lovely xxxxx