PDA

View Full Version : how treatable is it?

jindivik
17-11-08, 12:06
i'm going through a lot of nasty thoughts and really hate myself for it...thoughts people have already mentioned (harming myself and others.....etc)

i've never really had thoughts this bad until a couple of weeks ago and theyre really starting to get at me...how could i think such terrible things? :weep:

i'm going to the doctors this afternoon if i can get an appointment, i'm on propranolol for my ancity at the mo and have some chlorpromazine i've been taking for a while too.....i dont have them that often, maybe 10/20mg a day...one when i wake up and one for bed.

im scared of telling the doc that i think i have OCD & them not believing me or something...i just want to feel better :(

jindivik
17-11-08, 12:17
the chlorpromazine are an antipsychotic/sedative........i got put on these when the panics first started to calm me down :S

thanks for the reassurance though........when the thoughts come in (worst when it's close to bed time) i can't shake them off and then i get very restless :(

my sister had a bad bout of OCD a few years back but i've not had chance to talk to her yet, my doc is quite nice, she's been my GP as long as i can remember so i'll try get an appointment to see her, sadly not got a printer so can't print the page off

jindivik
17-11-08, 17:19
were no appointments when i first booked so just had to book an emergency appointment, i feel so bad right now.......i hope she doesn't think i'm wasting her time when i get there, don't know what else to do!