PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Doctors appointment!

PhoenixGrey
17-11-08, 12:30
Okay, so now I have oesophagus/larynx cancer - or maybe lung cancer - I haven't decided yet - but yet another trip to the doctors is going to be occurring today!!!

I mean its winter so a slightly hoarse voice is completely normal - particularly when I had a very panicked walk to work this morning - but no, now I'm so scared about everything it must be cancer!

Does anyone else operate like this? I don't even know the reasons I'm going to the doctors - I just want reassurance, I'm not even scared that I have something now - I'm scared that I'll have something in the future.

I am seeing a counsellor on Wednesday - but I get the feeling that won't help much - what therapies have proven useful for anyone? I want to get out of this now while i'm 20 - before I'm 40 and have spent 20 years worrying! (If only I hadn't smoked for the past 5 years maybe i'd be slightly more confident that everything's going to be fine!)

gtrgrl3369
17-11-08, 14:26
I used to be the same way. I would go to the doctors at least 20 out 30 days a month because I swear there was something wrong even when they couldnt find anything. Now I dont go unless I have to. I have gotten better because I have gotten to the point of "whats the worst that can happen usually doesnt". I no longer fear every twitch or ache that I have and they have gone away now that I dont fear them anymore. It also helps that I have had every test out there that there is and there is nothing wrong anywhere. If you need reassurance then go to the doctors, that is what they are there for. Take care.