PDA

View Full Version : Help! Panicky about tonight

AliBlack
17-11-08, 12:49
I'm going to a comedy performance (Mighty Boosh) tonight in a large theatre, we have allotted seats, can't sit where we want (when I ordered them months ago I thought we could) I would normally sit near the back or end of aisle for quick exit if panicky!
I really want to try and go, I will kick myself if I don't and my partner would be disappointed too :weep:
We're in the 2nd row, which is probably better than being slap bang in the centre, (as long as I don't think about the hundreds of people behind me!) I'm worried I wont be able to make myself go in, or that I'll panic once I'm there and have to come out and everyone will stare. And I hope they don't drag us on stage which is the sort of thing they do! I must be mad for going! I have social phobia and mild agoraphobia too, so it's quite a challenge!
Someone else said to me break it down into manageable bits, not look too far ahead, concentrate on getting to the venue (30 miles away) first, then just say to yourself I'll sit in the venue for 2 mins, and then don't look further than that, do it bit by bit. I can leave at any time. I'm worried I'll be too panicky to move though!
Anyone else have these fears and how do you cope with events like this, or do you avoid them like I usually do?! :D
Wish me luck, it starts at 7.30.

Anxious_gal
17-11-08, 13:27
living in the moment helps, try not to think about how long you will have to sit there, how much time you will have to wait before you can go to the bathroom again.
if you want you can leave! even if it's just for a few minutes.
when you get there, be proud of your self!
I hope you have fun x x :D

AliBlack
17-11-08, 15:58
Thank you:) I'm kicking myself for not seeing if we could get seats by the wall/door :doh: my partner showed me a photo of the venue/seats and the ones in the middle at the front in the 2nd row which we're in look really exposed, so I'm hoping we're not in those, sod's law we will be tho:unsure: hope we're near the side wall.
I'll let you know how it goes.
Wouldn't it be so nice to not even think about these things, like most people!