PDA

View Full Version : About to start citalopram

sandman
17-11-08, 14:24
I am suffering general anxiety and depression. I went to my G.P. today and she told me to stop taking my previous meds and i have got to start on citalopram tomorrow night once my system has cleared out..Ive read a few posts about this med and im a little unsure on what to expect. Any support would be greatly valued.:bighug1:

Karita
17-11-08, 15:23
Hiya. You'll probably feel pretty sick and jittery for the first couple of weeks. But they side effects should ease up after that. You just have to take it one day at a time.

:) Karita

bumbles
17-11-08, 15:36
Some people dont get any side effects so best not to worry til you do. X good luck get better soon

Smiley?
17-11-08, 16:30
There's loads in the medications section of the forum but don't be scared by the side effects that some people describe - just remember that different people react differnetly to medications.

Citalopram may or may not be the right one for you but you will only know that if you keep taking them (give it a good 4-6 weeks to see a positive effect on mood).

Keep your gp informed of how you are feeling, mood wise and with side effects as they should be seeing you weekly or fortnightly at this stage.

Listen to what your friends and family closest to you are saying. They might tell you how you are before you realise it!

And whatever you do - DON'T GOOGLE ANYTHING!! - Keep talking to those close to you and us here. Google-ing only worries us more.

sandman
17-11-08, 17:24
thanks for the messages, i will keep you posted on how i get on