PDA

View Full Version : Also new.

Woodpecker from Mars
17-11-08, 17:26
Hi,

my name is Sarah, I'm 23 and lately my anxiety disorder progressed to a debilitating degree. I've always had a nervous disposition and am a chronic worrier but lately it's gone to a whole new level.

My panic attacks date back to when I was a very small child (or so my mother tells me) of two or three. I suffered from pretty severe OCD between the ages of nine and twelve, which I hid pretty successfully from my parents (mainly due to my father being critically ill and spending extended periods of time in hospital with my mother by his side). My teenage years were pretty carefree, never suffered from depression, I could count the number of attacks I had during these years on my fingers.

For the last two years I have been getting attacks more frequently, constantly going to the doctor with illness which seem to others to be obvious manifestations of my anxiety disorder and I suppose they are to me as well, on that rare occasion when I can put things in perspective.

Over the past four months I've being having panic attacks every day.

My doctor has prescribed Lustral, I've been taking them about a month now, I also take zimovane to help me sleep. I hate taking meds and I really don't feel like they're helping, maybe with the severity of attacks but I'm definitely having them more frequently.

I guess the worst thing is not having people take me seriously, it's terrifying. I understand that I suffer from anxiety but I feel there's a good chance I have some very real medical problems and every time I go to a doctor (been to several different ones, as soon as I tell them I suffer anxiety it's the same, I think I'll start lying!) they attribute everything to this. I feel patronised a lot of the time and I'm worried that there may be something serious wrong with me is going to get overlooked because it's falsely attributed to anxiety.

The vein in my right temple is really swollen, way bigger than the left, it started clicking really violently a few weeks ago and lasted a few days, even my sister felt it and was freaked out, I don't know what this could be. My vision had deteriorated rapidly over the last few months, it was always perfect beforehand. My right eye waters quite a bit and the pain in my right temple and behind my right eye prevents me from functioning normally. I have constant palpitations and a pain in my heart most of the day...

Anyway, kinda needed to get that off my chest. Apologies for making you read this!

:D

Woodpecker from Mars
17-11-08, 17:40
Yeah it's great, I've been having a read through the last couple of hours. Ha, I'm textbook! Nice little revelation. ;)

Thanks for the kind words Tetley. :)

Veronica H
17-11-08, 17:40
:welcome: Sarah, glad you have found us.

Veronica

Cherbear
17-11-08, 18:55
Welcome to the site hun, hope you find the site helpful, we're all lovely:) I know exactly how you feel with doctors not taking you seriously and I have had panic attacks from a young age...you're not alone anyway is what I am trying to say!:hugs: :hugs: xx

milly jones
18-11-08, 17:08
a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx