PDA

View Full Version : What would be in your 'Anxiety Toolbox'?

Piglet
15-06-05, 09:56
If you had to give someone an anxiety toolbox what would you put in it?

1. Rescue remedy - obviously.
2. Claire Weekes books.
3. Lavender oil or neroli oil on a cottonwool ball to sniff when panic coming.
4. Sunglasses and a mobile phone.
5. Bottle of water.
6. Glenn Harrold hypnosis cd's with personal cd player.
7. Dr Udo's oil and Vitamin E.
8. Bananas or Megs fruit & nut mix for blood sugar levels.
9. 'Concious Breathing' book by Gay Hendericks.
10. Yoga mat and dvd by Alan Finger 'Yoga Zone'.
11. A good novel for distraction (something light & cheery).
12. A link to this website.
13. Affirmation cards 'Wisdom cards' by Louise Hay.
14. Stepper machine to keep fitness levels up if can't go out.

All done in no particular order - I would love to see other peoples ideas to see if there are any I havent tried.

Love Piglet[8D]

Alton
15-06-05, 10:10
My saftey bag for when I go out contains:
Over-coming panic book
Thought-record sheets
Diazepam
Beta-blockers
Rescue Remedy (new addition- haven't tried it yet)
Novel
CD player with relaxation cd and music cd's
Glenn Harrold CD's
Note book
mobile phone
glasses
drink
snacks

I carry this with me to work everyday and any other long travel.

vernon
15-06-05, 13:13
Try an mp3 player much more convenient that a Walkman? You can get them cheap now too. DONT use alcohol I used this daily and heavy for 40 years and got nowhere so its like I am starting from scratch now I have stopped. It really helps at the time but in the long run its no good please believe me I have been there big time. Affirmation cards are great I made some on PC and laminated them (aren’t I a cheap skate) haven’t tried lavender oil will have to try that, thanks

pips
15-06-05, 13:22
Hi Piglet, :D

What a fab tool box yep i'd have pretty much the same as you! Although haven't tried the yoga yet!

A couple more things I would add is NO PANICS helpline NO:and my microwavable lavender wheat pillow.

Take care, ;)

Love PIP'S X X

nomorepanic
15-06-05, 13:38
Great post - thanks for that.

I still carry a paper bag around with me for hyperventilation. Never used it but you never know when someone else may need it!!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Piglet
15-06-05, 13:45
OOh I'd forgotten a paper bag Nic - I used to have one in my bag for years, never knew whether to breathe into it or put it over my head. lol.

I got the idea for this post from the other night in the chat room when we doing 'whats your favourite film' questions etc.

Love Piglet

nomorepanic
15-06-05, 14:11
Piglet

I am sure we can take this list and put in on the website somewhere as a survival pack - it is very good so thanks!

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Meg
15-06-05, 14:41
This is a great thread - thanks Piglet.

I think it needs to be Mary Poppins magic carpet bag !

I would add

The little book of calm - Paul wilson
Don't panic - Eve Russell

A talking book CD set for ultimate distraction

Aspen, rock rose and cherry plum Bach remedies

Meg

clickaway
15-06-05, 14:45
Some very good ideas here, and I especially like the No Panic Helpline one.

Can I include an NMP buddy in my toolkit? ;->

Now, where's that camera?....

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

BrandyK
15-06-05, 18:30
What a good idea!

I bring my purse with me where ever i go.. and it always has xanax in it.

I think I will make a anxiety tool kit now..

Thanks for the great idea!

alexis
15-06-05, 18:43
What a good post piglet, id like to know which nmp buddy Ray would put in.

I would take, cd player with variety of music
Pen and paper for my lists
Yoga instructor.
A friend sufferer and a work colleague (or a tape of her voice saying Your doing great)
Mobile phone
Internet connection(to visit here)
Mints
Water
Most importantly blu tac and elastic bands
Probably many other things too but i would need a trailor never mind a bag, lol, Alexis,

alexis
15-06-05, 18:45
Just re read that post and you wanted us to do one for another person, well I did what I would take, I would obviously need to know the person if one was made just for them. they may hate my Rod, relaxation and classical music, lol Alexis,x

Meg
15-06-05, 18:54
Go on enlighten me .. Whats the blu tac for Alexis ?

nomorepanic
15-06-05, 19:07
For putting up the NMP flyers lol???

Nicola

denise84
15-06-05, 19:54
i would need a pretty big bag so i could fit my mum in it and take her with me. she is the only thing that makes me feel safe, o and my kids and beta blockers.:D

dmcgovern

alexis
15-06-05, 20:29
Hi Meg, you cannot tell me a woman with your wisdom has not heard of anyone using blutac, lol,I use it lots especially at dr consultation, counselling, etc It is brilliant when real anxious, you pull it ,stretch it, reshape it into squares or anything that takes your fancy and start and do it all over again, its marvellous, Love Alexis,xx

Meg
15-06-05, 22:26
New one on me , but does make total sense..

Ta

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

alexis
16-06-05, 00:14
I just picked it up, trouble is its terrible if goes in washer, Alexis,xx

Meg
18-06-05, 20:50
Hi,

Just had a real snail mail letter from Piglet with the most beautiful writing in it and amongst other things she asked me to thanks everyone for their responses to this thread.

Her PC must have been hypnotised with Nics Pig and the doctor can only come out on Tuesday to see to it so we hope to see her back then .

Meg

EmmaJane
18-06-05, 21:22
Well done piglet for this thread. Its a really good idea and some useful tips in there for people.

Feel free to PM me, if you want to talk.

Emma xx

Keep focused, keep positive.

alexis
18-06-05, 21:47
Can I just correct one thing here, it is my pig, I got it fair and square.(lol)
Hope Piglet back soon, Love Alexis,x

seh1980
18-06-05, 23:35
What a great post!! Loads of good ideas here that I had never even thought about!! Will have to add them to my magical bag :D

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

alexis
19-06-05, 14:37
Yes Sarah, can just see a gang of us turning up at Sals with black bin liners thrown over our shoulders. lol, brilliant post tho I agree, xx

Piglet
02-07-05, 15:12
Hi everybody,

Computer mended and I'm back!

I've so missed the site but at least I had wimbledon to keep me company. Doesn't Jimmy Conners look good and so calm. Love watching all the ex players from the seventies and eighties.

So glad to be back.

Lots and lots and lots of love

Piglet

Meg
02-07-05, 23:07
Welcome back - good to have you back.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Piglet
03-07-05, 12:34
Thanks Meg!

Will be a bit quiet today - its the mens finals on tv and I intend to settle in for the afternoon.

Love Piglet

Piglet
03-04-06, 14:38
I would add to this with my mini tramploene and the NOpanic muscle relaxation cd.

Love Piglet xx

darkangel
03-04-06, 16:11
Elastic band

........life is for living not just for surviving

Elemental Child
07-06-07, 15:26
It's not so much what would be in the Anxiety Toolbox but what would be left out!

*****A Mobile Phone *****

Mobiles have been found to aggrevate the brain's cortex
(www.cbsnews.com/ (http://www.cbsnews.com/) then search "cell phones excite your brain"

I have first hand experience of this as I am electrosensitive (Canary of the digital age) there are 12 million like me in UK alone. We are the warning signal.
I feel aggrevated, irritated and severely depressed (momentarily!) when near to other peoples' mobiles. Plus head pains, stabbing pains crawling sensations. I suffer from OCDs and anxiety.

An American website is taking advantage of the fact that these electrical impulses alter our moods and is marketing the process to give anxiety and depressive treatment.

I am not repeating this to in any way support this website:lac: I categorically condone it but I would like you to look at it to understand the process of what electric impulses (like your mobile) can do to your brain and your emotions and mood (albeit the mobile works to give the reverse mood)
www.anxiety (http://www.anxiety) treatmentnow.com/

I understand that this could aggrevate feelings of paranoia and this is not my intention at all, but it would be like watching people smoking their lungs away and not telling them of the dangers of smoking because it might panic them.
Even if people do feel temporarily panicked about their mobile - they will be much better off mentally without it or even switching to one with lower SAR rating/cut down on calls etc.

google - "electrosensitivity" for their site not sure if .org or .uk
they acknowledge that OCDs are affected, worsened and even caused by electromagnetic frequencies - especially found in mobile phones. These are microwaves the same as a microwave oven:ohmy: 2.4HZ if my memory serves me right. Its no wonder that in this digital age so many people are suffering from OCDs anxiety and depression.

www.powerwatch.org.uk (http://www.powerwatch.org.uk) also hosts a wealth of information about mobiles, masts and Wi-Fi which are affecting our biological and mental health.

I hope this hasn't been too heavy to read - I have been researching and campaigning against mobiles for the past two years as I can see the crippling effects they have on peoples' lives both mentally and physically and also how they impact on our planet (microwaving the planet) and on our birds navigation (that's sad):weep:

Travel with Love
xx

Lindalou64
09-06-07, 01:04
paper bag- its all worn i dont use it just have it i guess for security
klonopin
my cell-mobile
and if i could fit a good man in there i would

happyone
09-06-07, 08:01
i pod with meditation mp3 and my donor card! I have always worried that if I get knocked over or something it will be when I don't have my donor card.......so if I always carry my donor card I won't get knocked over.....see my logic:wacko:

Happyone

JohnS
23-09-07, 14:26
This is a great idea, I take my iPod with me when I go out with some relaxing songs or podcasts from radio stations I like to listen to while on my PC. So now that I've read this thread, I can get some more ideas on how to relax. :)

Unfortunately since I have asthma, I can't take any meds.. some days I wish I could since they really help some people, I'll never get the chance to try any though...

What is the "Rescue Remedy"? I've just heard of it on here now.

The Fool
25-09-07, 12:19
well my survival pack would include,

a mp3 player
a teddy bear
a good dvd
a good book
some chocolate
water
a laptop (so you have perment use of this site)
some worry beads or a stress ball
and a note pad and pen(for some reason writing down what you are feeling and why makes me feel better???)