PDA

View Full Version : Funny symptoms (thryoid problems??)

cthechick84
17-11-08, 20:21
Hey guys
Today iam feeling rough again and iam concerend with what is happneing with me ive had ear infection,and urinary tract infection so was knocking me around but recently my partner and lil boys ave all had the dreaded stomach bug and now i think iam getting it because ive had diarhoera a lil bit but thats not bothering me because i know its just what is going round.but my face feels warm and stinging slightly which is annoying me and also my neck and jaw area is painful and burning its been like this for few days now but ive been worrying because my neck and underneath my chin feels slightly swollen and it does look slightly swollen to me under my chin,but there doesnt seem to b a lump it just feels that way its weired!!!on saturaday i was using some Anti bac alcohol gel rub stuff on my hands and when i opned the lid it flew out at me and landed on my neck and face but i wiped it off but think that it absorbed pretty quicky,so im not sure how much went onto my skin is it possible that it is an allrgic reaction?i read on the tube that it says not for facial use which is obvious,so it cud b an allergic reaction....so im wondering if that is from my burning and swelling as when i dyed my hair along time ago i actually had a similar reaction on my face and felt the same way but that was cos i was allergic to jo jobu oil in the hair dye and i took some allergy tabs and i was ok. but im worrying about other stuff that cud b causing this problem,help im going crazy again?!?! or could this be thyriod problems? as i also have had alot of symptoms connected to an over active thryiod....has anyone got an over active thryoid?? what symptoms did you have ?? and is it possible at my age as im 24 and have had 2 children.ever since havin 2nd child i havnet felt right for along time. sorry for long rant im just very worried about all this and i cnt get an appoitment untill morning.thanks for reading and Best wishes C.xxxx

cthechick84
17-11-08, 20:23
Forgot to say that my ear infection and urinary infection have now cleared up but now im getting these problems!!!

cthechick84
18-11-08, 00:08
all those views and no replys oh my whys that?? can plz sum1 say somehtink

jindivik
18-11-08, 18:33
i'm sorry you've had no reply and i'm sorry i cant offer any advice other than i hope you feel better soon x

the hand rub stuff leaves my skin pretty dry when i used it so maybe it has just taken the oil from your skin and made it a bit dry....similar to windburn?

Helen1973
19-11-08, 22:22
Hey there! I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid almost a year ago exactly. The symptoms that are univeraally agreed upon are:

Losing weight despite an increased appetite (I lost half a stone)
Tremors in hands (I noticed this when I was sewing a badge on my daughters brownie uniform)
Inability to sleep
Restlessness
Irritability
Anxiety
Rapid heartbeats
Intolerance to heat (This was a definate unusual one for me because I'm normally one to feel the cold, but I went to the point of almost never feeling cold and always feeling overheated)
Irregular periods (Mine went late, bright red and very light compared to normal)

Umm, I can't think of anymore off hand, but the symptoms of Underactive are very different--pretty much the opposite of the above.

The test if really very simple. In fact it's just a quick blood test where they check for levels of thyroid hormone on your blood.

I hope that answers your question and that you feel better and reassured very soon!:hugs: