PDA

View Full Version : not really sure if I have anxiety?

xbabybear
17-11-08, 20:49
Hello I am new to the forums this is my first post. I have had bouts of excessive swallowing before that came and went over the years; and it just started up again a few days ago so I googled it to figure out what the problem is once and for all and this site came up. Usually it starts out that I feel like there's mucous in my throat and I either try to swallow it or I try to hack it up and spit it out. Either way it gets worse and starts to feel like I have globs or lumps of stuff in my throat that I can't swallow and I unconsciously keep swallowing all day and my jaw starts hurting.

I also sometimes have scary violent thoughts like sometimes I will be just walking past a complete stranger and suddenly get a slight urge to hit them, or even weirder to kiss them??? not really an urge actually just more of a thought like 'what would happen if I did this?' Then once I saw a very graphic video about abortion which had images of dead babies, dismembered babies really disgusting and horrifying; and then for weeks after that I couldn't see my baby sleeping without panicking that he was not breathing and already dead; and I had dreams that I took the scissors and stabbed him in the heart.

Then I also very often have the feeling that there's someone behind me even though I know there's no one. I didn't see anything about that being a symptom reading the 'first steps' post; but I wonder if it is? It scares me because it makes me feel like there's some kind of presence that I can't see trailing around behind me.

I have high sensitivity a condition that's biological-I have an extremely sensitive nervous system- that gives me heightened sensitivity to everything. I don't know if maybe that could be causing the symptoms; or maybe it causes anxiety which causes the symptoms or maybe it's unrelated...

Also I have had trouble controlling emotions my entire life.

I just need some opinions from people who know about this stuff ; have I had an anxiety disorder my whole life without knowing it???

thanks in advance for replies

+++edit

oh and also I think I might have had panic attacks before; it sometimes happened when I was at work that just all of a sudden I would feel pressure in my chest and like I couldn't breathe deep enough even though I was breathing enough. It made me feel a little dizzy too.

brownmachine
17-11-08, 22:36
maybe anxiety. When you focus on anything it always makes things worse. What ifs? in my opinion is when we over analyise things. When we over analyise things it will lead to anxiety. What if something bad happens? What if i do that how will that person react? and being paranoid that someone is behind you is just the same really. Sounds like your just overthinking things. Just ignore the thoughts and know that theyre only thoughts, nothing bad will happen. take it easy :)