PDA

View Full Version : anxiety/panic and the festive season!

Jo
05-12-03, 14:33
Hi all - Whilst I should be enjoying the thoughts of christmas, I am feeling totally bewildered by the whole build up. I believe this is partly to do with the fact that I am sooooooooooo busy with university work - I have a deadline for the beginning of January, and I therefore can't really relax.

Does anyone else feel similar, for whatever reason?

Jo xxx

PS. Doesn't help matters that I am 24 on 22nd December and feeling really very old. :(

Meg
05-12-03, 15:15
I think there are a few people on here who are having busy Christmas 'holidays' .

Charlie and Teresa both have really heavy workloads as I remember.

I'm going to be a mere Galley Slave and then hope to be spending a couple of days in a a recording studio .

Good luck with your Uni deadline

Meg

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Lottie32
05-12-03, 15:26
Hi Jo

Try being 33 - at 24 you are just a pup!

I've struggled to get my mind round the whole xmas thing, more so this year (as I've posted earlier).

Just try and stay focused (easier said than done I know), and remember IT IS ONLY ONE DAY OUT OF 365!!!! (or 366 next year).

Get your shopping and wrapping (always the worst bit) out of the way this weekend.

Make plans to chill on Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day, take time out to have fun with friends and family, and explain to them that you need some time to yourself this year during the holidays to finish your Uni work.

Alternatively, I'll do a swap - you can have my Xmas Day, and I'll do your essay!

Charlie

Jo
05-12-03, 17:06
Lets swap Charlie!!!

Thanks for advice both.

Jo xxx

Samantha
05-12-03, 20:45
hi i no how u r feeling jo, im only at GCSE level at d mo but i have a Practical Production deadlime for the first day back. I can't seem to get excited about ne thing at d mo and am just gettin stressed ot wiv all d work dats need doin durin d hols.
Sam

nomorepanic
05-12-03, 20:49
Jo

You must read Charlies post on Xmas - it will certainly cheer you up no end. I can't remember where it is now .... let me look

Nicola

nomorepanic
05-12-03, 20:50
Ok it is under Top Tips - Christmas and how to survive it

Nicola

Jo
06-12-03, 19:57
Thanks Nic.

Hi Samantha - we are in a similar boat aren't we. Trying to remember what Charlie said, it is only one day out of 365.

Keep in touch and good luck with G.C.S.Es -

Jo xxx

Laurie28
08-12-03, 10:54
Meg,

Recording studio??

Did u post re this??

are u trying for a christmas no 1??

love
lucky

Samantha
09-12-03, 13:08