PDA

View Full Version : palpitations - help - pumping too hard

jmpsrt
17-11-08, 23:37
5 years ago, when i was 17, my heart started missing beats, i went to the doctors who then sent me off to hosiptal where they gave me a chest xray, blood tests and i was on an ecg over night. they didn't explain much the next day, only that it was common and they sent me home. It was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life and i still wasn't convinced i was ok but i tried to get over it the best i could. I got myself into walking, and this year i completed 270miles in 14 days. the walking really helped and the missing beats stopped but it has still always been at the back of my mind.

The problem now is i haven't been walking for 5 months because i work in agriculture, i have been working 12 hour days 6 days a week from july until a few weeks ago, i've not been eating too healthly but i'm still below average weight

Since about 2 weeks ago my heart has been feeling like it's pumping out of my chest, but i dont have the missed beats this time. It races when i stand up, or even just move sometimes - i can even see my heart beat in my neck and can see my stomach move with it. i have been terrified since it started and i've been panicing like crazy (no doubt making it worse) - is this normal? will it go? or am i just dying after all??

Cathy V
18-11-08, 00:49
Hiya. Sorry you're feeling so scared at the moment. Anything to do with the heart is scary yes? but I think that because of the earlier episode of the missed beats (im a sufferer too, as are loads of ppl on here) you are super sensitive now to how your heart is beating.

Your heart beat does increase with movement, and even slight movement at that, its just that most people arent aware of it happening, but us anxies are! For example, even the breathing in and out process can alter the rate at which your heart beats....the in breath makes it beat faster and the out breath slower. Its normal, try not to worry.

Best wishes
Cathy xxx :)

kaynbrian
18-11-08, 01:55
Hey I Want U To No That I Had Where My Heart Beats Very Fast And My Dr. Called It Svt So U May Wanna Check It Out Cause Mine Was In My Neck As Well And I Can Tell U Ur Heart Should Not Beat More Than 100 Times A Minute. Feel Ur Neck And Check Ur Heart. If U Eat Sugar Are Drink Coke Stop It It Does Stimulate Ur Heart Rythem. I Had Heart Problems 4 8 Years And I Just Now Went Back To Work. Eat Healthy N Drink Plenty Of Water And Get On Some Good Vitams And Co Q 10 Is Good For Ur Heart. I Finally Have My Heart Doing Good Where As I Can Work Again. Need Anything Else Message Me...kaynbrian

Rachey poos
18-11-08, 09:06
hi hun, this is a classic sympton of anxiety..... i had this for yrs but now im back to the missed beats.... the hard thumps and slight excersion palps are horrid but harmless. I used to get this too and from work so In the end i wore headphones with some music from my phone to distract me and so i couldnt hear it as much. you will be just fine hun .... relax xxx