PDA

View Full Version : Strange thoughts help

mlondon
18-11-08, 08:24
I have been very rocky recently one minute feeling fine another not. I had a good weekend, accomplished a few things which I was proud of like getting the tube for 5 stops. So on saturday night I went out with a friend and ended up drinking a lot and staying not really having any sleep that night. I spent sunday alone and felt awful. Then yesterday I felt the same ad had to leave work early. These are thoughts I keep having which scare me.

'is the world real or am i imagining it?'

'Could I be developing Scizophrenia?'

'Are the people around me real, like my friends and family or have I made them up in my head'?

This is really freaking me out and makes me scared to do anything. I am feeling all alone. How do I combat these thoughts?

mlondon
18-11-08, 21:32
Hi

No one has replied to this which is scaring me, is it only me that is has these thoughts?

hannahb
18-11-08, 21:37
Hi,

Sometimes I do wonder whether the world is real, and half the time I feel like it's not really me living my life. Have you spoken to a doctor or someone about these thoughts?

I don't have much experience with this so sorry I am not very helpful. Hopefully someone who has a bit more to offer will come along soon.

Patty
19-11-08, 00:18
Hi mlondon,:)

I have had the same thoughts that you describe many times. These are all down to depersonalisation/derealisation & anxiety.

I keep reminding myself that no matter how terrible & scared I feel and no matter how negative my thoughts get that it is all down to anxiety & panic. Sometimes it can be so hard to believe that anxiety itself can create such terrifying symptoms - but it can.

If I focus on the feelings they can seem to get worse. I try to distract myself from them by doing something else that needs my concentration.

I hope it helps to know that you're not alone in how you're feeling.

Best wishes xx :bighug1: