PDA

View Full Version : BIG challenge tonite!!!!

PUGLETMUM
18-11-08, 12:20
:D hi all, just thought id share with you my progress and also what im doing tonite!

well, my agoro has been improving steadily for a long time but i have made alot of breakthroughs this year - and finally feel human again:yesyes:

tonite i am going to see 'our benny' at the theatre in liverpool:yahoo: i am excitied but also obviously nervous as i havent been to the theatre in another town since i was a teen:blush:(im 36) so im hoping this is the start of a whole new chapter in my life? i am going to take my mindfullness practice with me, but they do warn that it is hardest to do when you need it most:wacko: but it has been helping me so far with welcoming and softening to my thoughts and feelings so here goes!!! ill let you know tomorrow how it went - btw bernie nolan is in it so should be good?:yesyes:

bottleblond
18-11-08, 12:23
Hi Emma

Congratulations on doing so well recently, i know how hard it is to battle with agoraphobia.

I hope you have a fantastic night, you certainly deserve it. :flowers:

Love Lisa
xxx

PUGLETMUM
18-11-08, 12:28
:bighug1: i will try to have fun, but one thing is certain - I WILL GO!!!!:yahoo:will update tomorrow, guys, like others have said 'if i can do it, so can you'! weve all just gotta work at getting our mojo back:shades:

orangeblossom
18-11-08, 16:46
I'm so impressed by what you have achieved so far and at how incredibly positive your mindset is right now - brilliant! I really admire what you have done and what you are doing - have a WONDERFUL time, you absolutely deserve it!!

x x x

marie1974
18-11-08, 16:53
hi emma and thats great matey, facing your fears like that is sometimes the best way to deal with them, look forward to hearing how u got on, good luck and im sure the show will b really good. hugs xxxx

PUGLETMUM
19-11-08, 15:56
:hugs: tnx all, well i DID HAVE FUN!!!!!:yesyes: i had the best time - not totallly anx free, but hey im prepared to put up with the anx now, and not miss out on doing stuff - ive missed out for soooooo long - i can tell you all when you do something like this the feeling of happiness is immense - thats the plus side - loving all those things that everyone else takes for granted:D but i think you have to be READY? ready to feel the feelings but do it anyway?

so now we book again for cinderella with cilla black and flashdance - i cant wait they are amazing!!!!:yesyes:

lorac
19-11-08, 16:35
Emma well done I am so please you are getting your life back again, I hope you continue to enjoy it.

Carol
x

honeybee3939
19-11-08, 16:37
Hi Emma

Well done on your achievements:yesyes: , and GOOD LUCK for tonight !

Have fun and let us know how things go. :)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Anna C
19-11-08, 16:50
Hi Emma,

Well done for going, and I'm so happy that you had a lovely time. :yahoo:
I hope you have many more successes!

Anna xx:hugs:

Piglet
19-11-08, 17:47
I'm thrilled to read this Emmas and think you have come on in leaps and bounds hun.:yesyes:

Massive well done. :hugs:

Love Piglet :flowers:

honeybee3939
19-11-08, 18:24
Ohh Emma

Im a day behind on my last reply, i didnt realise you posted it yesterday:ohmy: !

Glad you had fun anyway, and well done for coping so well !

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

PUGLETMUM
21-11-08, 09:37
:hugs: thanks all, well things arent perfect in my life, but i think i can get better from agoro and depression and still have life stress? i dont think any of us can ever get away from that?

i loved it so much that i am going back twice in january!!!!! first to see cilla in cinderella and then to see flashdance - its costing a fortune, but i figure i deserve some fun after all the years of misery?:yesyes: but i know that im not 'there' yet - i think the key to recovery is keep pushing yourself? but i do feel that if you are very low then these challenges are impossible - so i would say to anyone who is really really struggling with getting better, to start off with teeny weeny steps, stop expecting too much of yourself when you have no confidence, and start to treat yourself like you would a friend - ie stop beating yourself up all the time!!!! anybody who suffers struggles, those who dont suffer are just lucky - you arent defective becasue you suffer and you dont need to apologise for yourself or be ashamed - this is one of the hardest things to live with, so stick with it and keep plugging away, beleive me eventually it is all worth the pain:hugs: :yesyes:

Patty
21-11-08, 10:12
Hi Emmas,:)

I am so pleased to hear of your success. That's great news!! :yesyes:

Best wishes xx :bighug1: