PDA

View Full Version : Costochondritis

nickieb
18-11-08, 13:41
Hi peeps

Okay all day yesterday i was getting a pressure feeling in my sternum (breastbone where a bra would lie) almost like something was stuck there and i couldn't straighten up properly & into my back....I had a full blown panic attack thinking i was having a heart attack. I eventually calmed down & when i woke this am i decided to go get it checked as i would just stress about it otherwise.

He did an examination & when he pressed on my chest i yelped & he went on to check my tummy which was fine. He thinks i have costochondritis!!!

However if it continued come back just to rule out an ulcer/hiatus hernia etc...he felt an ECG wasn't necessary despite me thinking it was haha.

I Googled this as i had never heard of it & it does fit however i have no rib pain. I was just wondering if any of you have had this & does it sound similar???

Grrrr its very stressful & worrying.

belle
18-11-08, 13:48
I have this.
For me its a pain that sits between my ribs under my left armpit. Almost like someone is stabbing me. I touch it (which i do to convince myself its NOT my heart) its blooming agony!!!!

Its not nice and when i get it, it lasts for weeks.

x

cthechick84
18-11-08, 17:29
Oh noooo tell me about it ive had this for 8mths and its a very painful conditon most proberly caused from heavy lifting etc. i wish you all the best chick it isnt serious but takes along time to heal.watch reaching up high for things, and panicing cos wen u panic the heart races and makes the ribs move as u know. my costo is worse when i have high anxiety but other days is not to bad.i also have pain in my shoulder from the sore cartilage!!ive used ibrupheon tabs but not much,but the ibruphen gel eased it slightly. hope this helps u if u wna chat im here wiv plenty of costo advice...lol best wishes C.x

cthechick84
18-11-08, 17:36
Oh sorry reread ur post. my costo is left sided but you can also get it on right side but it is more common on rightside chest underneath the ribs. my pain starts from top rib frm my collar bone and into my chest were u can feel ur breastbone at the front of the chest,also underneath my boob on left side and right in the middle of my chest like where u can really boney sort of lump!!but bascially its cosot if ur costal joints are inflammed,and painful so id say ur doctor is right its dreaded costochondritis)))it is very painful and can mimic the pain of a heartattack as u can also get pain in ur arm and shoulder rather like tingling feelings.does it get worse after along day of lifting? and even there when resting?cos this is how mine is even if im lying down its there because my heart is usually pounding.love to u C.xx