PDA

View Full Version : upping my dose ??

lifeissweet
18-11-08, 16:08
hi this is day 6 of citalopram 10mg, and after a bumpy start of major anxiety and dizziness followed by suicidal thoughts (that still sometimes creep back in) i think i have got used to them, but still feel ike im not here and worry that the suicidal thoughts will come back worse (have seen doc at hospital at weekend about these and was told to continue with the pills but have company ie. my husband).

anyway i have appt on thursday to go back to gp to move up to 20mg and im dreading it...will it make the side-effects worse again for a while? im not bothered about the physical side-effects but i cant handle the depression/suicidal thoughts....i get feelings like im going to feel like this forever, and i dont want to be here anymore, and then i feel guilt as i have 2 young children and dont understand how i could feel this way when i have them..anyone else the same?

before i started the meds i had suicidal thoughts premenstrally after my 5mth old was born (i felt i couldnt be here anymore, havent ever planned anything), and was told it was severe pmt, hence the citalopram, but i also suffer bad anxiety and agoraphobia, so i guess citalopram will help all these things eventually...im just worried about upping my dose...i have to do it apparently so im well on the 20mg before my next period (in 2 wks).

can anyone advise??

bumbles
18-11-08, 17:08
The side effects are not quite so bad when you up the dose. I to had suicidal thoughts still do sometimes and other whacky thoughts but I think they are calming down a little now.:bighug1: Good luck X Take care

suzy-sue
18-11-08, 19:30
JUST UPPED MY DOSE,AND AFTER 5 DAYS THE SIDE EFFECTS HAVNT HAPPENED.I ONLY INCREASED BY 5MG BUT WILL INCREASE AGAIN IN 2 DAYS IF I REMAIN OK.MY DOC MADE ME WAIT 5 WEEKS BEFORE SHE UPPED THE DOSE,AS LIKE YOU I HAD A BAD TIME ON THESE,IT TOOK OVER 3 WEEKS FOR THE SIDE EFFECTS TO GRADUALLY GO AWAY.GOOD LUCK SUE:hugs:

andrewc
18-11-08, 22:25
Hi

Have faith its doenst mean you will get side effects when you up the dose. I didnt get any after the initial ones and I went from 20 - 30 -40.

Best regards

Andy

lifeissweet
20-11-08, 12:14
UPDATE!!!
HI I WENT TO DOCS TODAY TO SEE ABOUT GETTING PUT UP TO 20mg, AND DOC SAID SINCE IVE BEEN SO BAD ON 10mg AND SINCE IM ONLY 9 1/2 STONES, I WILL PROB BENEFIT FORM 10mg, AND HAVE TO STAY ON IT FOR A FEW MORE DAYS THEN SPLIT A PILL AND GO UP TO 15mg FOR A WEEK THEN GO BACK TO SEE HER...THANKS FOR EVERYONES ADVICE..I AM DREADIN GTUES WHEN I NEED TO INCREASE MY DOSE AGAIN THO X