PDA

View Full Version : covinced my self I have bowel cancer

leeann
18-11-08, 19:24
:weep: I suffer with IBS so I constantly get belly aches, constipation or the runs (sorry to be blunt) I also get mucus in my stools. well yesterday I had a bit of blood on the toilet roll paper. Now Im feeling every for lumps and I swear I can feel one just under my rib cage. Im starting to panic what if I have cancer :weep::weep: where ive been poking and prodding my stomach its really tender

abi
18-11-08, 19:32
Hi,
Please don't worry-blood on the toilet paper as opposed to actually in the stool is most likely due to piles (especially if you get constipated) or an anal fissure. If the blood is bright red on the paper-it has come from very low down, very recently!:yesyes:

ams
18-11-08, 19:45
Marjorie is right. This happens to me from time to time, and I always have to reassure myself, but if tit's bright red, you're fine. Maybe try a stool softener.

scaredsilly
18-11-08, 21:26
hey... this happened to me recently (the blood in the toilet) and it scared the s**t out of me. (no pun intended.) i completely freaked out and called my mom. she told me this happens to her all the time and she's seen the doctor for it and was told it is piles and/or fissures... no big deal. she did tell me though, if i was worried, to go to the doctor. so, if you're worried, go to the doctor. they will check you out, give you some cream and send you on your way. i'm sure your fine! by the way, i was even so freaked out when it happened to me that i phoned my dad at worked and asked him if he'd ever experienced such a thing... he has and my brother and sister have too. i don't think it's uncommon, but you should still pop in to the doctor for a look-see and some reassurance.

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

leeann
19-11-08, 07:38
thanks every one, Im off to doctors today. I will let you no how I get on :)

kitty_boom
19-11-08, 10:14
Hi ya,

I also suffer with bowel issues, painful bloating strange poops ect.. since I was very young,I have also experienced this and was so terrified I went to the hospital, they tested my blood and examined me (very thoroughly lol, poor doctor...) and yes it is very common thing to happen, mine was also bright red and this is indicative that it is from simply having a little fissure or piles! especially if it is just a bit on the toilet paper.

I'm sure the doctor will reassure so its very good you are going!

leeann
19-11-08, 15:49
Hiya every one. Well I went doctors she didn't check me just said its all anxiety. I said 'every doctor ive been to, is so quick to say its anxiety and not do any checks' so shes put me through to have bloods and a ECG for my heart palpation.

Will bloods pick any thing up like bowle cancer? xx

samc100
19-11-08, 15:56
Depends what the bloods are testing for Leeann but I am sure they are looking in that 'region' so should pick up anything.

To me it sounds liek constipation, that leads to runny bums, mucus and blood when you poop. Try taking fibregel twice a day and you might see an improvement - and if you get that horrible tummy ache with it then that should improve too xxxx