PDA

View Full Version : presentation tmoro

Bonjourno
15-06-05, 19:15
For four to five years, i had panic attacks....because of the above and anticipation - that killed me at times....well, wasn't till my parents advised me to go on propranolol that things have improved. I have been using it since xmas for these situations, and its worked, but it doesn't stop me from ****ting myself before the presentations. I have one tmoro, don't think i will sleep well tonight...you know that pressure beforehand...worrying words won't come out and all of that....i'll be ok, but i'll be shattered by the end of it...will relax after it tmoro and have a kip...can't wait for that moment to come...

Piglet
15-06-05, 20:21
I've never had to do that sort of thing - think you are well brave!

I bet no-one watching will have the faintest idea that you are so nervous and even if they do they will be so glad they don't have to do it, that they will be totally on your side.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

Love Piglet

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

florence
15-06-05, 20:25
All the best of luck with the presentation.:)

Florence.

**Don't believe everything you think .**

tattybear
15-06-05, 20:28
I hope the presentation goes well!!

Youve got a positive attitued....just think after its all over that you can relax and treat yourself :D

Let us know how you get on!

Tatty B xx

nomorepanic
15-06-05, 21:09
Good luck!!

I used to run course so I know how hard it is to stand out there and have all the eyes on you.

Take some water to sip when you feel your mouth going dry and I hope it goes well for you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Karen
15-06-05, 21:29
Good luck for tomorrow Bonjourno.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
15-06-05, 22:17
Bonjourno,

Remember its your time and you know more about the subject than they do.

Also, they don't know exactly what you're going to say so if it comes out differently, it's no big deal at all ..

Water with rescue remedy in it helps to sip on ..

Shall be thinking of you tomorrow

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Quirky
15-06-05, 22:25
I'm a scientist and used to have to talk in front of people/give presentations. I always found it hard and still get nervous. It's a natural feeling to have. I know alot of non anxious people who get nervous before presentations too, so good for you if you can do it with anxiety aswell, very courageous. Good luck, will be thinking of you.

LJ

alexis
16-06-05, 00:44
Hi By the time you read this it will probably be over so its not a lot of point saying good luck etc so I would like to say, hope everything has gone OK for you today.
if so sit and reward yourself.
if not dont beat yourself up, still sit and reward yourself, let us know how it went, love Alexis,x

pips
16-06-05, 11:54
Hi there,

I Do hope it all goes well for you let us know how you get on! Fingers crossed for you.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Bonjourno
16-06-05, 14:01
It went ok...mind you i was sick before i set off....not sure what it was...anxiety in my body, or me trying to brush my tongue and gagging myelf the cause, a bit of both probably - needless to say, i felt like cráp for 20 mins after - when you're face goes horrible and tight when you're sick...and i washed my face to loosen the tension. Otherwise, the presentation went ok....thank the lord, will treat myself to a kip later this afternoon - feel downright exhausted.

Bonjourno
16-06-05, 14:07
Thanks guys anyway...nice to know people are out there who understand how some find it so hard....i still feel oddly disappointed with myself at how it went, my standards are high and all that, but i really have to be content with myself, compared to three or four years ago at college, i was an utter mess....nerves, attacks...thought i'd share this one moment i had 3 years ago at college, upper sixth....at the time i did not know propranolol existed, the class was a 2hr one....groups had to prepare to do the presentation in the latter hour...i was a wreck that one hour with anticipation, so for the only time i've ever done this - desperate measures that they were, legged it back home during the break, to drink some vodka to relax me....well it was vodka, it was lager, so then i had to clean my teeth and wash my mouth in record time - thus to get back to class in 15 mins - my house was a 5 minute run from college so i was like that bloke from the film...forever running. Got back to class, and talking bits had been allocated to other members of my group....i was so scared i had to do this desperate thing - i've thankfully moved on now, but that was a low time for me - compare today to back then i've done well.... sorry if i've really spooked you out with what i've just said..

Meg
16-06-05, 17:03
Well done

So the facts are that you've improved enormously in the last few years..
Yes I agree with you you need to be content, even pleased with your performance and you have done very well..

When the next one ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

chucklehound
16-06-05, 18:24
Good luck with the presentation...[^]

All the best

Feel free pm me if you want to chat

steno -x-

BrandyK
16-06-05, 18:30
See you got through it GOOD JOB!!!!

Brandy :D

alexis
16-06-05, 18:52
You did it, well done, Love Alexis,x

nomorepanic
16-06-05, 19:30
Well done on doing it even if it was hard !!

You achieved it and that is great.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"