PDA

View Full Version : Carer? A mum helping her grownup kid

sha_z
18-11-08, 21:13
Hi any mums coping with their grown up children who have probs?
My youngster started with probs at uni, but the probs have returned again. Any one else deal with long conversations and listening to crying down the phone?
Is there anywhere here for us?

I dont always know what to say or do for the best.
:weep:

Cathy V
18-11-08, 21:22
Hi there. You dont say what the problems are, but if its anxiety or panic attacks etc, then you are not alone with this. Alot of students feel the pressure at uni or college and it can manifest itself in symptoms of anxiety. There are quite a few students here on the forum who will sympathise with you and your son/daughter.

My own daughter is also a uni student in uk, and she had a bit of a blip earlier in the year, so cam eover here to stay with me. She filled in the necessary forms for a leave of absence and came over and got herself back on track, and started back in sept with her batteries recharged. Shes doing ok, but they can get very stressed and it is hard to know what to do to help them. Most universities have counsellors for the students to talk to, or maybe a doctor she trusts?

Hope things get better for you both soon
Cathy xxx :flowers:

weeble40
21-11-08, 09:39
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

pooh
22-11-08, 03:45
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x