PDA

View Full Version : Hi I'm Joe

jm007
18-11-08, 21:23
I saw many of your questions... I felt very empathetic and sympathetic hearing your stories and how it is affecting your life.....I have some experience in dealing with anxiety, depression and panic attacks... I will try to answer your questions if I know the answer to it... If i give an information they are usually 1. evidence based 2. from my experience. If that is the case I'll be clear about it.

One thing I don't have is personal experience of anxiety or panic attacks as you guys have. So this would help me to understand more about your experiences which will only educate me and would allow me to give you the right help. This forum will also help me to understand the type of services available/ not available in this country.

I want to be very clear.. I am not here to treat anyone... I am here to provide the right information and learn from the experience that this forum will give me...

Thank you for having me here...

Joe :yesyes:

janeybaby25
18-11-08, 22:11
:welcome: to nmp I hope you find useful info on here & make some friends along the way. :yesyes:

Cathy V
18-11-08, 22:51
Hi Joe, welcome to nmp. Are you a researcher? Not really sure i understand what you mean by helping people 'like us'. If you need us to give you the information about our illnesses before you can help us, then how is that helping us...so to speak. How does that work exactly? Sorry for my ignorance.

Cathy :)

weeble40
21-11-08, 09:39
Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

titch
21-11-08, 09:44
Hey and a big welcome to nmp...chat soon xxx

jm007
21-11-08, 18:27
Thanks for the welcome messages... Cathy I want to answer your questions.. There are times in life when you say " Sorry I would rather not say anything than lying to you".. but I am a health care professional... with some knowledge about psychiatry in general.. I know that psychiatry is so vast that no one can no everything...if i don't know something I am more than happy to find that out for you all and get back to you... sorry cannot say more than that.. And if you are thinking whether I have a secondary gains by being here i.e working with drug company, researcher, financial...the answer is NO.... I am here for genuinely understand the pain that people go through because of their illness and play even if a small, part in their life then I would be happy...

If I am carpenter what is the point in sitting home and telling everyone that I am a carpenter.. I would rather make something from wood for everyone if that makes them happy...or better..

does that answer some part of your question...?? will talk to you soon...Joe:yesyes:

Veronica H
21-11-08, 19:13
:welcome: to NMP Joe. This is a very supportive environment.

Veronica

pooh
22-11-08, 03:52
Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x