PDA

View Full Version : Sleep problems

GemmaAnn
18-11-08, 22:28
Hey guys,

Im taking 40mg Propranolol twice a day (its recommended 3 times, but I didnt want to over do the dosage).

I have always had problems with sleepwalking, ever since my anxiety 'began' at around 10 I think (im 21 now). I used to get up in the night and open all the doors and turn on all the lights downstairs untill I found my parents, or think they had left and wander outside in my sleep. Recently they seemed to have dropped off and I wasnt doing it as much.
But since I started taking the meds its come back with a vengence! I will wake up screaming in the night about some imaginary spider and my bf will have to check the walls and the bed (or I will if alone) to make sure there is nothing there before I go back to sleep, I will have a go at him about something completly random (likely something im dreaming about at the time) and then go back to sleep, or turn my bedside light on while asleep and the light will wake me up. Pretty weird stuff and thats only the start of it!
When I do sleep seemingly without interruptions I always seem to dream non-stop about work or general daily life, so when I wake up I feel like I have had no sleep at all.
I really feel soo tired all the time now!

I wonder has anyone else had these kind of symptoms while on Propranolol? How did you deal with them? And is there any kind of natural supplement or something I can take to help me get a deeper sleep?

Thanks,

Gem

Cathy V
18-11-08, 22:38
Hi Gem, well first of all, sounds like you certainly have symptoms of anxiety, but then you know that already! sleep walking can come from anxious thoughts. Secondly, you decided not to take the third dose of your meds...do you think that this extra dose would help you more? Taken just before bed that is?

I take propranolol too, but i take it as a slow release once a day pill (80mg in the morning so its not given to me to make me sleep necessarily) but if you have been told to take 3 doses, the third dose being in the evening, then maybe it will help you to sleep better.

Take care
Cathy xxx :)