PDA

View Full Version : help !!!

lubylou
19-11-08, 13:14
hello ill atart this by saying that this is probelly not where i should post this but i need help !
i have sufferd from anxiety for as long as i can remember ! the fear of death , family member dying , etc but lately it has been pushed to a whole new level ...
i was wastching a tv channel a while ago and on it was this man who went crazy and killed his kids ... i stared to worry that thsi could happen ... could i turn in to an evil person who wants to do this i cant get it out of my mind and now i am scared that because i cant get it out of my mind it means i want to do these things ? i know i love my family with my whole heart and i want to know if anyone else has had thes thoughts please help !!!!

*D*
19-11-08, 13:52
Hi Lou,

What you are going through is what is what I like to call, stinken thinking, and all that meanes is just that stiken thoughts, thats all, nothing eles. You have to try to put up a stop sign in your mind, when this happens, try to think of smothing eles to distract your mind, I know it is hard but you are in control of your thoughts no one else.
I hope this helps, and when you see programs like that on tv change the chanel.
Take care,
*D*

lubylou
19-11-08, 14:27
THANKS GUYS !!!
so you dont think a psycho would be worried ? what helped you get rid of these ? at the momenti am at the height of a panic and am just scared that because i am not feeling better i am a psycho get me ?
i sit here and think ' i am evil i am evil ' and start to feel evil anyone understand sorry for the rambaling i am so lucky i have found this sight in Australia anxiety is not widely regignised as a debilitating dissorder

*D*
19-11-08, 14:38
Hey Lou,

First of all you NOT evil, they are awful thoughts that is all!! And no I do not think a doctor would put you in a white coat. that was a joke. You have to try not to be so hard on yourself, Have you tried or looked into CBT therepy? It can be very helpful, it retains our brains not to do that stiken thinken. It also helps with panic attacks. See if there is ant therpist in you area that specializes in it, it could make a big difference.

Take care here is a big hug you need one today :bighug1:

D

bab
19-11-08, 17:40
hi luby
its just a part of anxiety - and the more you worry about it the more it will be there but you will not do anything about it - its like when anxious people think they are mad - they are actually the least likely to as they are worried about it - -