PDA

View Full Version : waking up

Shaky
19-11-08, 16:35
The very second i wake up my heart is pounding and racing, is this normal? Even before i even think something my heart feels like its trying to jump out my chest. Does anybody else suffer from this?

lennons_mammy
19-11-08, 16:44
Yes it is. I am the exact same. First thing in the morning is the worst time for me. I have no idea why my anxiety is so bad in the morning.

Yvonne
19-11-08, 18:28
Shaky

It's very very normal with anxiety - and it's horrible. It can be the shock of waking according to Claire Weekes which makes sense. The body has been completely relaxed then you wake and it's a shock to the system. I sympathise because it's not a nice way to start your day. My advice - get up immediately and make a cup of tea.

Shaky
19-11-08, 23:46
I'll have to read up on claire weekes, i usually get straight up have a glass of cold water and try to eat something which is usually a piece of fruit and half a bowl of cereal. Thats when my anxiety is at its lowest and it gradually builds during the day

Vickid
20-11-08, 01:32
Mine is without a doubt all day and late at night.

Mornings aren't too bad, as I usually sleep till afternoon, and it's the only time I'm relaxed.

x

never2late
20-11-08, 01:49
Mornings were always very bad for me, and my heart goes out to anyone having to go through it.

I would usually wake up and have perhaps a second or two of feeling "normal", but then a wave of anxiety would literally sweep over me, and stay over me.

I would also wake up at odd hours in the night with a racing pulse, and panic from that.

Actually, believe it or not, these symptoms are "normal" symptoms for someone with nervous illness.

Read up, and practice what you read.

Remember when you actually looked forward to going to bed? You CAN sleep like a baby again (and I'm getting ready to do just that here).

Knock on wood (as they say).

hullsarah
20-11-08, 02:04
i am sorry to here this i wake up i have thisall day its 24/7 aniexty if you have not been to the doctor maybe you could or try some home remierdies xxx

Shaky
20-11-08, 02:24
Well i've just nearly fell asleep then my arm just jerked and woke me up so now im panicking and im twitching like mad. Its driving me insane.