PDA

View Full Version : I am losing it......

katiedarling
19-11-08, 16:54
This is the worst I have ever ever felt anxiety. I havent been sleeping. I cant fall asleep because my mind wont shut down, and i feel like adrenaline is coursing through my body. I wake up in the night and cant get back to sleep. I wake up in the morning....and just feel like my heart is vibrating, and I can just feel anxiety coursing through my veins. Like I feel it, all through my body. And I can't shut it down....I have tried all the techniques, I am reading my Claire Weekes book...and I have never ever felt anxiety this bad before....
I dont know what to do. I feel pretty panicky.
Im thinking about taking an Ativan today, which I hardly ever do....but I just want my mind to slow down, and quit focusing on how scared I feel....
Please guys...I dont want to go on meds, but I would really really like some reassurance and advice. I feel like my body is beyond my control right now....like how can I stop what is running through my veins???? I feel like I have really high blood pressure. Can you feel that? High blood pressure? Or is it just my anxiety?
Really bad today.....never felt like this.
Darling

molkogirl
20-11-08, 11:04
Sorry to hear things are so bad for you. I have been through similar anxiety myself. If you can get it i would recommend rescue remedy, its just herbal stuff you drop on the tongue, i does have a calming effect but it wont take it away totally.
Another thing, very difficult i know, especially when your anxiety is so high but try not to add to the fear, like claire weekes says just accept that you feel anxious but dont think all the what ifs? im sure your blood pressure is fine, i used to worry about this myself, i think the symptoms of high blood pressure are severe headache and flashing lights in the eyes, like a migrane.
I think if you continue to read claire weekes things will improve, its just getting there. Hope i have helped and your feeling better soon.
Take care

Diane O'Brien
20-11-08, 12:03
Hi, I hope you are feeling calmer today be kind to yourself, let us know how u are. I know its a yuck feeling. Give u a hug.:bighug1:

other
21-11-08, 04:11
I'm in the same place only at the moment. Hell i can't get to sleep now i've tried twice but my mind is just ticking over. I wish I could be more help and offer some advise but thats why im hear too. my best wishes go out to you and i hope in time you will be able to get though this. We are not alone.
:bighug1: