PDA

View Full Version : Boiling Hot Spells

HeatherMc
19-11-08, 17:02
Do any of the females relate to this, I have been getting very hot flashes for the past three days or so I am currently off work with anx and taking citalopram 20 mgs which is helping however I have started my period today what are these hot spells I literally feel as if I am boiling up inside and the sweat just pours off me I start panicing and feeling faint and worrying about passing out and the whole bloomin caboodle starts again regarding the panic anxiety.

I have had bloods done and they have come back fine the hormones do not indicate that I have started the change or anything. I am sick and tired of being told its my imagination its not I have even had my little girl in bed with me sometimes and she has asked if I have wet the bed as I am sweating so much.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx

Heather

:blush:

kitty_boom
19-11-08, 17:58
Body temperature for girls fluctuates lots, especially during our period! I get very hot when I have mine and often sweat out the bed, its nothing to get too worried about, especially if you had the medical tests and your doctor tells you it is nothing to worry about. I don't think you are imagining it, I think it is a girl thing that happens to a lot of us, I am 26 and not going through the change or anything but get this often. Also hot (and cold) flashes are classic anxiety symptoms, after I have a panic attack, no matter how hot it is I ALWAYS get loads of goose bumps and feel cold whereas when I begin a panic attack I get intensely hot, very strange feeling but its just our bodies readjusting and reacting to the stress.

Hope you feel better soon!

:hugs:

venoms
19-11-08, 22:31
Hello there, I always get hotter when I'm on my period especially during the night. However I also suffer from hyperhydrosis, which is excessive sweating. I find that if I'm in a stressful situation this can exacerbate it. There isn't really a test to diagnose this. After having tried loads of over the counter anti-perspirants & powders ~(which are only really designed for under arm use) I was referred to a Dermatologist who has put me on tablets for it.May be an idea to see what your Dr says. Is it only when you're on your period or the whole time you feel this way?