PDA

View Full Version : diazepam???

liz24x
19-11-08, 17:05
ive been given it because im constantly breathless, how can constant breathlessness be ok???how can it be just anxiety??? has anyone else been given this med for anxiety espescially breathlessness does it help?xxx

amandaj
19-11-08, 17:28
i was given it other night when i went to a@e cos i was so breathless have you had ecg etc done or been to drs about it mine is anxiety but always best to get checked
amanda

liz24x
19-11-08, 17:59
ive had 2 holtermoniters a ecg, heart scan 2 chest xrays 1 of which im waiting for the results from, blood tests that were all clear,i suffer from ectopic heartbeats but the cardiologist said that is down to stress, when your breathless are you breathless constantly?

amandaj
19-11-08, 18:01
i am breathless night and day , it even wakes me up in night, so i def know how you feel feel free to pm me if need to talk

amanda

jannnne
19-11-08, 19:48
Hi I have has these for anxiety they are fantastic, but addictive use only in emergency for a few days at a time.

Logicalgal
19-11-08, 20:49
do you feel anxious all the time? do you have full blown panic attacks?
Can anyone check if you are breathless when you are asleep?
Have they made a difference?
I'm so amazed you have been put on diazepam.. what dosage?
They will help with anxiety but there are many less addictive meds available that will help with breathlessness.. I suggest you check with your doctor again..
we don't know your medical history Honey

Vickid
21-11-08, 01:22
I was given 2mg diazepam. I'm constantly breathless, but it doesn't wake me up during the night, when I'm asleep I'm fine and first thing in the morning I'm very relaxed, but as the day goes on, I get breathless.

The breathlessness is caused by the adrenaline that your body releases when you fear something (fight/flight), do you run or do you face it? our bodies immediatley feel threatened, so we panic - the blood then flows faster round our bodies to our heart, that is the faster/rapid heartbeat but the oxygen levels drop because the blood is going to where it's needed the most.

You won't stop breathing, I know it's hard mate, I am the same - I am the very same every day and the only time it's okay is 1. when i relax and 2. when I'm asleep,

if you need to chat pvt me xxxx

Sleepless999
21-11-08, 08:23
Hi there - I am new to this site, but as I was addicted to benzodiazepines and have spent the last 18 months coming off them (still on 1mg per day), I have to plead, please, please please don't get reliant on these drugs. They ARE brilliant at first and you think all your problems are solved, but eventually you will need more and develop tolerance. My withdrawal (from 10mg) has been absolute hell and that's why I have come to this site in the first place. Anxiety is only one of the delightful withdrawal symptoms! With regard to you feeling breathless, I had the same, and it's becuase when we are anxious, we "shallow breath" without knowing it and deprive ourselves of oxygen. If you practice deep, slow abdominal breathing you will notice a difference, but make sure the "in" breath is the same duration as the "out". Really hope this helps.:)