PDA

View Full Version : Problems with mouth :(

dizzydruid
19-11-08, 18:39
:weep: Hello all, I'm back again after a long break free from anxiety but once again its reared its ugly head. I have been reading the threads relating to this topic but I just need to get it out as I have no one else to talk to.
I have what could be a mouth ulcer but in my head must be mouth cancer. It is located on the cheek right at the back of my mouth and also a bit on the flappy bit that joins the jaws together, if that makes sense? lol Its not exactly painful but more uncomfortable and a little sore. It looks like a raised crater which is kind of bumpy white with a tiny bit in the middle which is red.
I fist noticed the soreness/discomfort about 10 days ago but its got more noticable and when I looked this morning I noticed the ulcer. I instantly went into panic mode and now after 12 hours obsessing I'm convinced its something sinister. For one I dont normally get ulcers at all, the soreness has been around for 10 days and its in such a weird place :wacko:
I'm terrified. It is very difficult to get to see m dentist as an emergency. Its a special dentist that deals in people who dont normally have access to dental care or have mental health problems (which is why I was refered there).
I'm really scared this could be cancer :weep:
Lucy x

milly jones
19-11-08, 19:19
sounds like a mouth ulcer to me

have u tried those new rinstead sticks that u snap and dab on the ulcer, or some bongela on a cotton bud?

i get a dry mouth and find that sucking ice cubes helps when its really bad and im chewing my tongue.

dizzydruid
19-11-08, 19:44
Hi Milly, thanks for the reply. I bought some paste at the chemist today, she said it was the strongest stuff they sell for mouth ulcers so I'm giving that a try though its really horrible stuff!
I can't stop myself being naughty and having a look every 5 minutes as if its suddenly going to get worse or go away in an instant. Aren't ulcers meant to be round and really painful? and possibly not quite so white?
I think I may be paying a visit to the doctors tomorrow ust to put my mind at rest or probably more likely to be told to go away and come back if its still there in a few weeks :(
Lucy x

milly jones
19-11-08, 19:55
take care hunny xxx

PhoenixGrey
19-11-08, 20:00
From what I've told mouth cancer is completely painless - if it's sore it's probably nothing to worry about, go get something for ulcers - if it doesn't fade see your doctor or your dentist, but honestly it's probably nothing, and particularly try to avoid playing with it as this could keep it there longer, making your stress worse :)