PDA

View Full Version : Breast pain

Helen1973
19-11-08, 21:17
Does anyone else got a sharp pinching pain in their nipple when due on? My breasts are tender etc and that's normal, but this really sharp pinching pain in my left nipple is getting me down. It seems worse when I'm braless and bending down. There is no discharge and it looks normal and when i checked myself there were no lumps (though I'm no expert) :wacko:. I remember having something similar in the same breast back in June and the doc examined me and said everthing is fine. I have had some aches in my left armpit in the last day or so, but I found some posts here that suggest that isn't unusal.

Does anyone else get this pinching nipple pain? MY HA is atorcious at the moment and it seems that anything is setting me off *sigh*

RosieXXX
19-11-08, 22:24
Hello Helen,

I have had a pinching pain in either of my breasts at any given time. It can last for several days, and the pain isn't constant, but feels like a sharp twinge every now and then in one place. I can go months without a thing, and then it can start again for no given reason. It isn't very pleasant, and i have worried about it in the past, but i don't think it is uncommon because several of my friends have experienced exactly the same thing. Hope this helps a little.

Anxious_gal
19-11-08, 22:26
ya I get that pic hing pain and it makes me jump! If its just when your periods due or now and again, it's fine, but if you get it alot you may want to see your doctor.
oh my breasts swell a little and get so painful at that time of month,

Helen1973
19-11-08, 22:46
Thank you, Rosie and Mishel:hugs:

I'm relieved that it's not just me!

I've been trying to find somewhere to go for a breast checkup and avoid my GP's surgery. I hate being such a regular there and for sooo many different things (it is really embarrassing). I'd be willing to pay for it, but it seems that if you do want a professional to check you over the GP is the only place. :blush:

Thanks again! I'll try my best not worry over it. I don't know about anyone else, but the moment I start worrying about a pain it gets worse and sticks around until I do end up having to go the doctor.:shrug:

kathyanne
19-11-08, 23:33
I have suffered for years with aching boobs & shooting pains in one breast. I worried for years on and off. HA steps in and terrifies you now and then ay? You have to say to yourself I had this on and off for years, nothings changed so it must be right for me. If you are really worried don't hesitate go back to doctor and tell him straight that you are really worried about it, should you be? I am sure he will reasure you again, what you have to also tell yourself and you are doing everything right for yourself by going back to the doctor just to have a chat. But honestly I have had this type of discomfort for years and years.

Kathyannex

Helen1973
19-11-08, 23:44
Thank you too, Kathyanne!:yesyes: I really appreciate you posting a reply. HA definately does seem to love terrifying me at the moment. If its not one thing its another, which is why I'm trying not to go to the docs. I haven't gone longer than two weeks without going in there about something since the beginning of September. I keep wanting to buy a mask to hide my face when I walk in and I'm sure the receptionists now know my voice.:blush:

*D*
20-11-08, 12:52
Helen,
Yes, I do get the pinching pain it usually happen a week before that time of the month. It is funny because I never had any PMS symptom, cramps, breast pain, back ache, and my anxiety goes thriugh the roof. It all started after I turned 40. I am now 42 and this stuff stinks. Just wondering if anyone else has had a simular situation.

D

PhoenixGrey
20-11-08, 12:54
Just a little nod to Helen - I have had at least 7 doctors appointments in the last 6 weeks plus three trips to NHS walk-in centre, 3 calls to nhs direct and a call to a friends mum who's a nurse. I think my doctors are going to get a restraining order soon enough!

Helen1973
20-11-08, 17:07
Hi *D* This stuff definately does stink! :hugs: I know exactly what you mean. It seems ridiculous that just over a year ago I took my robust health for granted and didn't worry about it at all. Thanks for the reply.

Heya LauraLDNSoton. Thanks for the nod. We're obviously on the same boat on that--I keep expecting a letter telling me that I should find myself another doctor, lol. Sympathy hugs!:hugs:

crunchie01
20-11-08, 17:45
hi helen

i get really painful boobs nearly for the whole month, i have also got 2 fibroidenomas in my left breast and they are really painful. i too get shooting pains in my boobs quite often i also get twinges/shooting pains in my groin right hand side on and off,but the practice nures assures me it is normal.

i have been numerous times to drs past couple of weeks i feel like hiding my face under a bag,i feel so silly, i have just been to drs again tonight for moles!! my HA is through the roof at moment but im going to try and beat it this time

helen26
11-12-08, 12:50
im glad i found this post, i was trawling through the posts and this just popped up! as u may have seen my post i have had shooting pains and sching itchy boobs for just over a week, i have been to dos, said i was fine, proberly a pulled chest muscle and that is what is causing the pain. i was alittle worried as i have the injection and dont have "periods" as such, i will go months without anything. but i suppose i am still a women and will still suffer from these womanly aches and pains, and unfortunatly my HA prob makes it worse! it has gone now, but am worried it will come back! im also thinking i might be wearing the wrong size bra? would that cause my bangers to be painfull?? and as for the doctors... well the receptionist knows my name when i ring up! xx

Helen1973
11-12-08, 13:40
im glad i found this post, i was trawling through the posts and this just popped up! as u may have seen my post i have had shooting pains and sching itchy boobs for just over a week, i have been to dos, said i was fine, proberly a pulled chest muscle and that is what is causing the pain. i was alittle worried as i have the injection and dont have "periods" as such, i will go months without anything. but i suppose i am still a women and will still suffer from these womanly aches and pains, and unfortunatly my HA prob makes it worse! it has gone now, but am worried it will come back! im also thinking i might be wearing the wrong size bra? would that cause my bangers to be painfull?? and as for the doctors... well the receptionist knows my name when i ring up! xx

Hi Helen! My doc's receptionist changes tone when she hears it's me, lol. Mine just went away too, but I've had similar before when I'm in that part of the month when they getter bigger and tender. Just like your's my doc checked me over and it just went away. I hope that helps you. :hugs:

helen26
11-12-08, 14:00
did ur doc do a breast check? mine didnt as i told her that i had had a good feel around and there wasnt any lumps, she said it was very unlikely to have anything sinister in both breasts and more or less the same plave, and with my age etc.... AND MY HA!! lol, thanku for replying, great name by the way xx

helen26
12-12-08, 14:03
been and had breast check this morinig, nothing there! i have lumpy and bumpy boobs, but she said that is normal! i cant stop worrying though! ggrrr its doing my head in! i havent had any pains this week, but im worrying that they will come back. why cant i beleive what ahe says??

Helen1973
12-12-08, 18:34
been and had breast check this morinig, nothing there! i have lumpy and bumpy boobs, but she said that is normal! i cant stop worrying though! ggrrr its doing my head in! i havent had any pains this week, but im worrying that they will come back. why cant i beleive what ahe says??

Hugs you! Unfortunately that's all part and parcel of HA. You need to now start teling yourself that is just HA and it will go away. Best of luck, hun:hugs: