PDA

View Full Version : Tingling Tongue anyone?

SlightlyObsessed
19-11-08, 21:36
I also wanted to mention yesterday for the first time I experienced a tingling tongue. The whole thing. I felt a little anxiety yesterday...well I felt a lot and while at the store with my daughter my tongue started to tingle. The WEIRD thing is a friend had just told me about burning mouth syndrome and it causes your tongue to tingle..this had not happened before then. I also read it was a sign of anxiety?

Any feed back please? I mean is there really such thing as somatization disorder..Did she mention it and I actually make it happen subconciously?

:wacko: This weirds me out- Not as much as feeling my whole tongue tingle though..

Slightly Obsessed

bumbles
19-11-08, 21:46
I have a tingling tongue I thought it was just me

SlightlyObsessed
20-11-08, 05:43
This subject has not got much response but I want ya to know I've been out at a birthday party all night and never felt anything weird- I came on here to see what was going on and I read "tingling tongue" and w/in 30 seconds my tongue was tingling--
Somatization? is that a REAL THING? I wouldn't believe it but I havent felt a THING wrong with my tongue all night til I came here and just saw "tingling tongue" and there it went....
Makes me wonder...

Slightly Obsessed...

agent orange
20-11-08, 19:28
Check out Somatoform disorder. I'm not saying you have it ( I do ) but it makes interesting reading and it may be of help. I have posted on your twitching post.
Agent Orange

AntiLove_SuperStar
20-11-08, 23:46
I've had bouts of this, definitely, for no apparant reason areas of my mouth have just burnt. Except there's nothing "to see"..it always went away after about 20 mins. Might well be anxiety related.

mtk
21-11-08, 04:40
this happens to me often. a lot of times it happens (it took me a long time to make this connection) a few days after i have burnt my tounge on a hot drink or something. other times it happens out of the blue. it can be scary but i usually try ans forget about it because most of the time..its probably just in my head. strangly...eating a popsicle or something cold can help me forget.